Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. He will be paid big regardless. whether thats 300k a week, 350, whatever KDB gets paid plus minus a pound, whatever KDB gets paid Plus a pound, or 400k, it really doesn't matter. The media will try thair damnest to round it up to 1m, and will happily claim that. And fuds will happily believe it and proclaim shock.

The contract and amounts will be between club and player, and will either work for both or won't.
who cares what the media think or anyone else if our manager and club think we need him get him

Not that I think he would get paid, or even 'demand' that much, but actual number aside, why?

Does it rock the apple cart any more than another club paying a player that? Do players negotiating wages not think I could be getting X elsewhere, look at what Y is getting paid?

What is our limit, Kdb's wages? If he gets a pay rise in a new contract, does everyone get a pay rise or the right to ask for one. Or maybe we strike a midway point between zinchenko and kdb and thats what everyone gets, existing and new.

If my employer was to bring someone in, and pay them more than me to attract them from somewhere else, would I be annoyed? If they were doing the exact same as me, potentially, but if they were doing more, better, or bringing in more revenue, I'd either shrug and carry on or try improve.

Longer term, I think not going over some arbitrary imaginary wage cap to bring in top players would be more damaging than doing it here and there. Because what top player with a choice of top clubs would go for the one known to never pay more than their current set limit.
logically what you posted above makes sense, but we are talking about footballers here with big egos. Those arguments wont wash with many im affraid.

logically what you posted above makes sense, but we are talking about footballers here with big egos. Those arguments wont wash with many im affraid.

Perhaps. That's not for you or me to worry about though imo, there are people that get (pretty well) paid to deal with that.

For me, if this precious wage structure we have in place is one where someone like Zinchenko earns a repoted 10th or even a 5th of what someone like Sterling earns, then it fucking Needs breaking asap! Regardless of Haaland.

Perhaps. That's not for you or me to worry about though imo, there are people that get (pretty well) paid to deal with that.

For me, if this precious wage structure we have in place is one where someone like Zinchenko earns a repoted 10th or even a 5th of what someone like Sterling earns, then it fucking Needs breaking asap! Regardless of Haaland.
im not worrying about it, im just offering an opinion like you on a fans forum.

Football players have big egos, just look at Sterling and his recent words despite his terrible form.

Do you think these egos were hurt when new shiny toy Grealish walked in the door making more than all of them?

What I want to discover is which club has the player that is supposed to be scoring by far the most goals in the squad not making the most money. For instance, look at Chelsea. They brought in Lukaku who carries that expectation. He walked in to earn up to “£450,000-per-week when image rights and performance-related bonuses are taken into account” per The Athletic, “smashing their wage structure”. That is over £100k more than what Kante is making, who was previously the player making the most money over there. They didn’t have a player in that role before just like we don’t have now. It would literal and naturally be the same scenario

I genuinely believe we have the talent in the EDS to cover all those areas as back up to our current first team options.

Wilson Esbrand
Lavia
Delap
McAtee
Doyle/THB

All,and more,are Prem players in the making - an opportunity is all they are missing.

Time will tell we have thought that with players in the past.

If the Sheikh had never been born would ee be having this discussion? Probably would still be fine, of course. What a weird way to frame it.

We are where we are, needing a striker in the team and aiming for the best to be at the top. We go for someone else for whatever reason, no issue at all, but no quasi-philosophical principles in that.

Incidentally, any 'waste of money' that has been spunked by the club has not been on expensive top players, but on multiple less expensive mediocre players that needed replaced and lost resale value.

Quasi philosophical reasons? What you on about you silly sod? It’s not hard it might prove too costly or he may not want to come so best not get too giddy or in your case defensive. 17k posts on a player who has as far as I know not shown any interest in us and for who we haven’t shown much either. The window isn’t even open.

Lavia isn’t ready enough for us not to sign a DM to replace Fernandinho who will almost certainly leave at the end of this season
I have watched enough of him to come to the conclusion that he is,especially with another 8/9 months to further progress.People clammering for others,Palmer included.....and yet Lavia is probably the most consistent performer within he EDS set up.

We have to start trusting these kids.

I have watched enough of him to come to the conclusion that he is,especially with another 8/9 months to further progress.People clammering for others,Palmer included.....and yet Lavia is probably the most consistent performer within he EDS set up.

We have to start trusting these kids.
100% he is ready. Fern hardly ever plays these days so we aren't saying Lavia comes in and starts 35 games a season. He comes in to replace Fern, plays cup games, some PL games and Rodri carries on doing what he's doing. We give Lavia the opportunity to learn and integrate into the squad the same way Foden did and hopefully Palmer is now doing.

If we dont, may as well say goodbye to Lavia, Mcatee and the other fantastic youngsters we have coming through because they are at a level where they need to be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.