Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bollocks.

Van Persie is the single reason United won the title in 2013. We had a poor season but they were toilet, a garbage side, and built their entire team around Van Persie and he was the difference.
And they have not won a league title since.

Hazard won two titles with Chelsea and was a key player for them in his whole time there. Two titles that we were battling with Chelsea for. Who knows what would've happened had we beaten them to Hazard.
We just weren't. in 2015, despite winning our last 6 matches on the bounce we were still 8 points away. and in 2017 we finished 3rd, 15 points off Chelsea. Maybe we would have been in the race with Hazard but that is conjecture.

You can't win them all, but I fail to see how people like yourself are deluding yourselves that there isn't a point here.
"You can't win them all" yet you are the one acting like you can.

When players like Haaland become available, you sign them - or you regret it. If you don't sign them, and they go to a rival, you really regret it.
It's not that simple. Who knows where Haaland wants to go, and everyone and their dog will be in for him.

It's that simple.
And that is why you are the director of football at a multi-billion pound football club, right?

Another joke of a post mate @kun

Haaland is the biggest prospect in European football and is exactly what we're crying out for. If we miss out and he goes to a rival, that's a big blow.

Van Persie and Hazard are just examples of players we've been in for, missed out on, and rather than strengthening us became obstacles in our pursuit of the title.

Haaland is this x1000. He's 21 years old with his whole career ahead of him.

Why I'm having to nail such an obvious point home I really don't know.

Haaland is the biggest prospect in European football and is exactly what we're crying out for. If we miss out and he goes to a rival, that's a big blow.

Van Persie and Hazard are just examples of players we've been in for, missed out on, and rather than strengthening us became obstacles in our pursuit of the title.

Sometimes the best players might go to other teams thats just the way it is. That doesn’t mean we won’t continue to win things. It would be great to get Haaland hope we do but if not it isn’t the disaster you suggest and it doesn’t mean the team he goes to will do better than us. Any more than Chelsea with Hazard or united with Van Persie were better than us over any period.

Sometimes the best players might go to other teams thats just the way it is. That doesn’t mean we won’t continue to win things. It would be great to get Haaland hope we do but if not it isn’t the disaster you suggest and it doesn’t mean the team he goes to will do better than us. Any more than Chelsea with Hazard or united with Van Persie were better than us over any period.

Of course missing out won't mean we won't continue to win things. It'll just be more difficult, a lot more if he goes to a direct domestic IMO. Especially post Pep, when individual talents would be of even greater importance.

Sorry, remind me how old Hazard was when he joined Chelsea?

Of course missing out won't mean we won't continue to win things. It'll just be more difficult, a lot more if he goes to a direct domestic IMO. Especially post Pep, when individual talents would be of even greater importance.
Depends who we got instead. The team is always more important than individual talents, Pep or whoever comes after won’t change that.

There's going to be a serious need for a suicide watch on here if Haarland doesn't sign for us, although I'm pretty sure that Pep will be ok .

Bollocks.

Van Persie is the single reason United won the title in 2013. We had a poor season but they were toilet, a garbage side, and built their entire team around Van Persie and he was the difference.

Hazard won two titles with Chelsea and was a key player for them in his whole time there. Two titles that we were battling with Chelsea for. Who knows what would've happened had we beaten them to Hazard.

You can't win them all, but I fail to see how people like yourself are deluding yourselves that there isn't a point here.

When players like Haaland become available, you sign them - or you regret it. If you don't sign them, and they go to a rival, you really regret it.

It's that simple.
I’m sure you’re not entitled, but your posts come across as if you think we should win the title every year & buying Haaland will ensure this

Hate to burst your bubble, there’s no guarantees regardless of who we sign mate

& KDB definitely hasn’t performed as well in the Prem as he did in Germany has he?

Or how about Sane? Ripped it up in the Prem yet has struggled since returning to Germany

Stupid argument mate. Some players will adapt, some wont

Sane has found his feet in Germany - but it needed some development. Would he have made the development that he made at City at Schalke? Probably not. Would he have made the development he made at Bayern at City? Maybe but not sure.

KdB - he played to his possibilities he had in Wolfsburg then - and does the same with you. Interestingly the coach KdB excelled with at Wolfsburg is the same that Gündogan excelled with in Nürnberg.

With youngsters you never know - some rise, some already have reached their ceiling. Often it has to do with workrate and with their mentality. They have to understand that it needs a lot work and a matching lifestyle to keep ahead even if you are talented. There is many very talented guys that never made it.

& KDB definitely hasn’t performed as well in the Prem as he did in Germany has he?

Or how about Sane? Ripped it up in the Prem yet has struggled since returning to Germany

Stupid argument mate. Some players will adapt, some wont

I don’t disagree. For context I used to live in Dortmund and supported them so not a stranger to German football. All a long time ago mind. The point I was making, which you have just really made for me, is that there are few sure things when it comes to goal scorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.