Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another joke of a post mate @kun

Haaland is the biggest prospect in European football and is exactly what we're crying out for. If we miss out and he goes to a rival, that's a big blow.

Van Persie and Hazard are just examples of players we've been in for, missed out on, and rather than strengthening us became obstacles in our pursuit of the title.

Haaland is this x1000. He's 21 years old with his whole career ahead of him.

Why I'm having to nail such an obvious point home I really don't know.
He might be a great prospect but so is Delap, it is just a shame the latter is injured at the moment. I would love to see us save another 100 million plus and promote from within.

I’m sure you’re not entitled, but your posts come across as if you think we should win the title every year & buying Haaland will ensure this

Hate to burst your bubble, there’s no guarantees regardless of who we sign mate

What? Wanting the best for the club is entitled?

Are we supporting the same club here or what?

Fuck knows how this has devolved so much. Absolutely boring conversation.

Sorry, remind me how old Hazard was when he joined Chelsea?

He was their best player the entire time he was there and was pivotal in their two titles successes.

The rest of the side wasn't special either. Haaland is a bigger prospect than Hazard was then too.

Boring chat this now anyway. My point is fairly straightforward, and obvious. If you disagree that's fine. No idea how you can, but there you are.

He might be a great prospect but so is Delap, it is just a shame the latter is injured at the moment. I would love to see us save another 100 million plus and promote from within.
How can you compare the two. One has one goal in first team football. The other has scored over 100 since his debut for Molde. in National League, Champions league and Internationals.

Phil Mitchell Foden, you really are the expert on bollocks. Here you are piling on the extreme opinions again and claiming they are fact. You don't know what would have happened if van Persie had joined City or what difference he would have made. The same goes for any number of players who have been claimed essential to our future, of which Haaland is the latest. Hazard was one and he certainly won two titles at Chelsea. He was actually at Chelsea for 7 years so perhaps 2 titles isn't that impressive, but it's one more than van Persie managed. Many on here told us that Sanchez was essential to us, ensuring we would win the CL with him. Well, we didn't win the CL, but few would now claim that not having him in the squad was the reason. And if we take Haaland as an example now we have to ask how important any individual is. He's in a team where he played last season with Bellinhgam and Sancho, both of whom have their rabid admirers on here and what did the win? At home? In Europe? Clearly Haaland is not a one man band. And shrewd observers will have realised that winning trophies over a period is rather more difficult than building a team by the good old FIFA players method of buying every player you can and can't afford. So take your half baked ideas, don't be so opinionated and sit in a dark room for several months and then come back on here. Your ideas may be just as facile and simplistic but you might be a lot more pleasant. And just ask yourself - how many fans like you were rambling on about all the must have players Barcelona had to get and the wages they had to pay, so that they're now a billion and a half euros in debt and struggling to stay in business. And have they even got the manager they want now? That's before we look at the example at OT.

Last edited:
What? Wanting the best for the club is entitled?

Are we supporting the same club here or what?

Fuck knows how this has devolved so much. Absolutely boring conversation.
Read the last few pages you’ve posted in pal. To summarise how I’ve interpreted what you said:

We should’ve signed Hazard & Van Persie because United won the league once with Van Persie & Chelsea won it twice with Hazard. We would’ve won every title if we’d signed these 2 players.

Therefore we must sign Haaland or it will be 1000 x worse as he’s the hottest property in Europe

We’ve won the title in 5 out of the past 10 seasons, so we’ve not done too bad without those 2 we didn’t sign, with United only winning 1 & Chelsea 2 so it didn’t exactly work out great for them signing either player did it?

I don’t think anyone has replied to you saying they don’t want us to sign Haaland, but they have taken a much more logical approach in disagreeing that it will be the end of world if we don’t sign him, which I agree with, especially as we actually look a fantastic team without a striker

Stop arguing guys, theres very little chance one of our rivals will sign him next summer. It will probably be between us, Real, Psg and Bayern

Read the last few pages you’ve posted in pal. To summarise how I’ve interpreted what you said:

We should’ve signed Hazard & Van Persie because United won the league once with Van Persie & Chelsea won it twice with Hazard. We would’ve won every title if we’d signed these 2 players.

Therefore we must sign Haaland or it will be 1000 x worse as he’s the hottest property in Europe

We’ve won the title in 5 out of the past 10 seasons, so we’ve not done too bad without those 2 we didn’t sign, with United only winning 1 & Chelsea 2 so it didn’t exactly work out great for them signing either player did it?

I don’t think anyone has replied to you saying they don’t want us to sign Haaland, but they have taken a much more logical approach in disagreeing that it will be the end of world if we don’t sign him, which I agree with, especially as we actually look a fantastic team without a striker

That's not what I'm saying. It's not as simple as that of course. You shouldn't paraphrase when you haven't understood my argument.

We may have come up short those seasons anyway, but I'd hazard a guess (excuse the pun), we'd have come away with more titles over that period had we made those signings - instead of Scott Sinclair and Jovetic.

I never said it'd be the end of the world if we didn't sign Haaland either. I do think it'd be a big blow though, particularly if he went to a domestic rival.

People forget that we have arguably the best coach in the world at the healm, he's not going to be around forever. When he's gone the individual players will make a bigger difference. I don't see the next manager being as successful as Pep without a proper 9.

That's not what I'm saying. It's not as simple as that of course. You shouldn't paraphrase when you haven't understood my argument.

We may have come up short those seasons anyway, but I'd hazard a guess (excuse the pun), we'd have come away with more titles over that period had we made those signings - instead of Scott Sinclair and Jovetic.

I never said it'd be the end of the world if we didn't sign Haaland either. I do think it'd be a big blow though, particularly if he went to a domestic rival.

People forget that we have arguably the best coach in the world at the healm, he's not going to be around forever. When he's gone the individual players will make a bigger difference. I don't see the next manager being as successful as Pep without a proper 9.
Makes much more sense now you’ve articulated it like that my friend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.