Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at an event last night with some of the team from 99.
Dickov was asked which Striker he would want to see at City.
Haaland was his answer, adding I've already spoken with his Dad.

Had a twinkle in his eye and a cheeky smile.
I hope so, he's all we need.

How can you compare the two. One has one goal in first team football. The other has scored over 100 since his debut for Molde. in National League, Champions league and Internationals.
So the academy is a waste of time.
We have to buy proven successful instead of bringing more like Foden through ?
I know I’d rather see a couple of baron years and a team of homegrown come through and win medals any day ?

I know I’d rather see a couple of baron years and a team of homegrown come through and win medals any day ?
I think we all know which way the club will go with this, it’s a nice idea but it’s very unlikely.

I am rooting for the Academy to do well any day, but I will never understand the need to think that success for them is having Academy players in the first team. The first team should be looked at separately, and the standards should be the highest always (not just for Academy players but those we sign). I will never push that we shouldn’t sign someone because we have someone from the Academy for the position unless I think they are ready and would be as good as any signing. If not, sign someone or we will fall behind. No time for niceties. Very delicate period right now
The Academy isn’t a waste of time because we are required to have it and it brings in good money. Anything else is a bonus

I don't understand why any blue thinks there is even a remote possibility of the club signing this guy while Mino Riola is his agent. Is it not well known that Begeristan and Khaldoon will not deal with him?

As he's Haalands agent isn't that a problem?

I don't understand why any blue thinks there is even a remote possibility of the club signing this guy while Mino Riola is his agent. Is it not well known that Begeristan and Khaldoon will not deal with him?

As he's Haalands agent isn't that a problem?
First of all, are you aware that we have a Raiola player at the club already? Are you also aware that Txiki has a very good relationship with him since his Barcelona days? People think because he had a spat with Pep over a decade ago that’s somehow prohibitive. He had a worse debacle with Ferguson when he was the United manager and they too do business regularly. Business is business.

Seriously: the “Raiola as an issue” narrative is so boring at this point. Everyone should look into the history of some of the agents of our first team players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.