Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, are you aware that we have a Raiola player at the club already? Are you also aware that Txiki has a very good relationship with him since his Barcelona days? People think because he had a spat with Pep over a decade ago that’s somehow prohibitive. He had a worse debacle with Ferguson when he was the United manager and they too do business regularly. Business is business.

Seriously: the “Raiola as an issue” narrative is so boring at this point. Everyone should look into the history of some of the agents of our first team players...
I stand corrected and put right (that's if your right of course) but I'll doff my cap and take your word.

So the academy is a waste of time.
We have to buy proven successful instead of bringing more like Foden through ?
I know I’d rather see a couple of baron years and a team of homegrown come through and win medals any day ?
You may be seeing a baron year this year because we waited a season for the right striker and just look at the complete over reaction and meltdown to even a hint of it last night. You really think fans are that patient.

You may be seeing a baron year this year because we waited a season for the right striker and just look at the complete over reaction and meltdown to even a hint of it last night. You really think fans are that patient.
I know fans are not patient but is older ones have seen worse than a baron year or two. If we do not use the academy then what’s the point of having the best youth if you are not going to at least try and use them.

I know fans are not patient but is older ones have seen worse than a baron year or two. If we do not use the academy then what’s the point of having the best youth if you are not going to at least try and use them.
We do use it, Foden took his chance, Palmer Lavia, maybe Mcatee and one or two others might, it also makes money for the club. It will be highly unlikey the academy produces much more than 4 or 5 players in any squad at the level we are. It’s also unlikely much more than the odd one from any age group make it to our first team.
You’re wrong about the older age groups being more patient too, some of them are first complaining after any bad result.

Thinking logistically (& yes, first time post after a long time lurking), would I be right in assuming Haaland’s clause must be active in January?

My logic is that it seems well-publicised that we’ve scheduled talks with Raiola in January. If the clause wasn’t active until summer, this would amount to blatant tapping up.

It’s only if a player is out of contract that the 6-month rule applies, not for a release clause during an active contract.

Am I missing something?

Thinking logistically (& yes, first time post after a long time lurking), would I be right in assuming Haaland’s clause must be active in January?

My logic is that it seems well-publicised that we’ve scheduled talks with Raiola in January. If the clause wasn’t active until summer, this would amount to blatant tapping up.

It’s only if a player is out of contract that the 6-month rule applies, not for a release clause during an active contract.

Am I missing something?
You can talk to an agent at any time, jsut not the player without going to the club first.

Am I missing something?

There is nothing logical about his clause being active in January, it would make no sense.

It isn't well publicised either, nor official, that we have any talks whatsover scheduled or planned, it is just speculation. If it were active, we would be having talks now, not scheduling them for January. Which may be happening behind the scenes who knows, but goes to show the media hiesswork is pretty meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.