Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm constantly surprised by how many people still don't know this, but this is how pretty much every transfer works and has been for a long time. Contact with the player/agent is almost always made before contact with the club, to gauge interest, and players almost always agree on personal terms long before the two clubs have agreed a fee. City do the exact same thing as do all professional clubs. If that's 'tapping up', everyone is guilty.

your right
but making so simple to name there price buying club instead of what we want selling club
i wish there was a way to keep players with buyout clauses in england and the premier league

have manchester city ever had to sell a player and got a transfer that makes sense or over his market value and value to the club ? ok torres was a profit but if he takes off at barcelona then that fee will be small

Barca: "We'd like to buy your player"
City: "He's got a billion pound buy out"
Barca: "We can't afford that but we could afford £50m?"
City: "Well, we don't want unhappy players here so, ok"

but the buyout clause would scare them off that's why barcelona have it
think if its was the other way round and torres not happy at barcelona and city offered £50million you think we get the player ??

like i said agents know what in there players contract and can work around a contract without a clause
but have players on water tight deals then its impossible. just like messi was a free agent because he had a word of mouth deal to leave for free ? but barcelona laugh at him and city and wanted £500milion

You said you didn't think City would be happy with him playing at a world class level for 5 seasons. I simply pointed out if he does what you suggest, he wouldn't be playing at a world class level for 5 seasons. he'd only be doing it for 2-3
I meant, City wouldn't be happy with him playing 5 seasons then just fucking off on a free.

think if its was the other way round and torres not happy at barcelona and city offered £50million you think we get the player ??

like i said agents know what in there players contract and can work around a contract without a clause
but have players on water tight deals then its impossible. just like messi was a free agent because he had a word of mouth deal to leave for free ? but barcelona laugh at him and city and wanted £500milion
If they player is tapped up and wants to leave. They have to bench an asset and pay him for nothing or deal the best move they can get before he walks for free. RC Value makes no difference anymore just a legal requirement. Its might as well be a prince or infinity symbol, hence they have gone with a billion.

The approach and deal will still be the same for a club or agent. Sound him out, tap him up, await the club bending for what they can get or they get zero.

Barca have a buy out because it's a legal requirement in Spain. They got burned by PSG/Neymar so now have ridiculously large buyout's that effectively make them redundant. If we wanted one of their players we'd either agree a price, or we wouldn't and they'd be stuck with an unhappy player. Would you be happy for a player to be stinking the place out at City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.