Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though brackets were used when a quote is taken out of it’s context to confirm the subject. So if he was talking about empty stadiums in the non quoted part but the quoted part said ‘I don’t like them’ the brackets would say empty stadiums, as explanation even though that wasn’t the actual quote.
In this quote there does seem to be a word (them ?) missing.
See that's what throws me, if he was answering a question about empty stadiums, its exactly the omission of the word 'them' that confuses me. But i get what you're explaining, makes sense.

Fans say this all the time but it simply isn’t true. Agents do what players want, not the other way around. Even the thickest of players would first laugh his head of and then sack his agent on the spot if he said “this summer you are moving clubs”. It simply does not happen, ever.
Im pretty sure people like Raiola are more than capable of manipulation. Of course the player has the final decision but it would be nieve to think that people like Raiola dont have some underhand influence

Im pretty sure people like Raiola are more than capable of manipulation. Of course the player has the final decision but it would be nieve to think that people like Raiola dont have some underhand influence
It's naive to believe he's not doing his clients bidding

Off topic, but I've always been confused by this usage of brackets. I always thought the use of brackets meant you could theoretically remove what is inside said brackets and the sentence still would make sense, but obviously it wouldnt work here, and I see numerous examples of similar usage. Anyone care to educate me!?
You`re thinking too seriously MW. ;)

Just this!

The rest is noise

i feel he has connections with man city and with his dad playing for us do hold something strong with him
all the stars are in line for manchester city to sign him ? money world class players and manager and fans
the bad feng shui is the agent ?

Off topic, but I've always been confused by this usage of brackets. I always thought the use of brackets meant you could theoretically remove what is inside said brackets and the sentence still would make sense, but obviously it wouldnt work here, and I see numerous examples of similar usage. Anyone care to educate me!?
Square brackets are used when you want to quote someone/thing but you either need additional info from the context or you're simply shortening it. The square brackets mean it's not the exact quote, but a good enough summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.