Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is any one reason that my optimism that we might sign him would have grown, it is that we made no effort whatsoever to bring in any other strikers this window.

While I totally get that was part of the plan anyway and Pep is content with the squad, as he was in the summer, I think if we felt there was little chance, we would have gone on to at least lay the groundwork for someone.

We'll see in the summer I guess.
Alvarez be like.

Attachments

• y8umtpe09b271.jpg
    y8umtpe09b271.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 42
Alvarez be like.

Alvarez is not an out and out striker though, he is more like in the mould of Salah or Muller. If I were Sterling, I don't think I would be signing that contract.

I believe the board realise that, hence the narrative "His arrival won't affect the pursuit of Haaland", is being pushed by pro-city journalists.

If you look at all the European top teams we are fairly light on forewards. So I don’t think the arrival of Alvarez means we will not go for Haaland as well.

Than again if Delap develops the way Pep and Txiki expect him to do, it might well be that we indeed do step away from Haaland. If we do, time will tell if that was the right call or not.

Btw if we DO get Haaland he better be a succes for the money that is going to be involved.

Either way it’s going to be interesting. As for now, let’s win the league and who knows Alvarez might step in when we win the Chimps league as well.

If you look at all the European top teams we are fairly light on forewards. So I don’t think the arrival of Alvarez means we will not go for Haaland as well.

Than again if Delap develops the way Pep and Txiki expect him to do, it might well be that we indeed do step away from Haaland. If we do, time will tell if that was the right call or not.

Btw if we DO get Haaland he better be a succes for the money that is going to be involved.

Either way it’s going to be interesting. As for now, let’s win the league and who knows Alvarez might step in when we win the Chimps league as well.

Do you expect Delap in 5 months to develop from zero first team minutes to a player capable of keeping Haaland or any proven striker out of a team?

Do you expect Delap in 5 months to develop from zero first team minutes to a player capable of keeping Haaland or any proven striker out of a team?
That is not what I am saying. I’m talking about development. Simply look at Foden and Palmer when they were 18/19.
Delap signing a long term contract and fully involved in first team training means they are aware he could become good enough to go all the way to 1st team football. And he was clearly rated before all these injuries hampered his progress.
If that means we need to do with just Alvares as our sole CF, well we have done without one for nearly two years now so why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.