Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, and not for the first time this season, showed why we need this kid.

Aimless crosses pumped into the box to the smallest front 3 in football, is not going to work.

Do what it takes to get him signed City.
Maybe that was Pep’s point today playing Laporte up front.
only reason for such madness.

Today, and not for the first time this season, showed why we need this kid.

Aimless crosses pumped into the box to the smallest front 3 in football, is not going to work.

Do what it takes to get him signed City.
Haaland is absolutely awful in the air so I have no idea why this has so many likes.

I'd wager Haaland in his entire club career has NEVER came up against a side that's putting 6 in the box and another 2-3 in front of them as Spurs did today on top of that.

Haaland is absolutely awful in the air so I have no idea why this has so many likes.
He wasn’t good in the air until last season, but he’s improved significantly and has started scoring headers. It’s something he has said in an interview he’s working hard to improve. This particular header was Ronaldo-esque:

Before anyone says anything, no I haven't been on the booze. Let me just say one thing if the board don't move heaven and earth to sign Haaland it's a f*cking disgrace. Pep is the best coach in the world and he deserves the best in class so no more dicking around in the summer and bring Erling in.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the Haaland to City thing is all a smokescreen to drive his price up with Madrid.
i can’t see them signing both him and Mbappe.
If Alvarez turns out to be half as good as he looks there’s no need to spend big on Haaland particularly as he’s not the type of player Guardiola would choose and we’ve not exactly struggled for goals for the best part of 2 seasons without a striker.
It's media nonsense do you really think Madrid can afford Mbappe (who they're going to get) and Haaland in the same window that'd be €1mill a week at least. Alvarez is an exciting prospect for the future granted but we need to push on and ensure we win a Champions League or two Haaland will be a massive factor in taking this club to another level.

I'd wager Haaland in his entire club career has NEVER came up against a side that's putting 6 in the box and another 2-3 in front of them as Spurs did today on top of that.
But he's 6'4" and would be a presence in the box.
The CH's would have to take a different approach knowing that a geniune, tall CF will compete for crosses.

bollocks, he's FAR from "awful" in the air, that's a load of crap. scored many goals with his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.