Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks for the considered response.
Actually I've just read that you discounted Dzeko so I take him out of the answer but the point stands: there have been no strikers available for us worthy of upsetting the squad balance. The minute you've got to incorporate one extra player into your thinking, it's one less opportunity for Grealish, Sterling, Foden, Bernado, Jesus and even Delap. Pep likes a small squad and he uses the rotation to keep everyone motivated and hungry.

We wanted a striker of course but it isn't the City way to buy an over the hill player on a short term deal.

Bluemoon doesn’t half go Chicken Little after a defeat..,
tbh, expected far worse. The predictable rants from posters looking in their rear-view mirror, seeing the red threat looming larger and larger, homed in o.c. but, by and large nowhere near piss-boiling level that we have had previously
Lose the next one though...

Neither Cavani or Dzeko would have been of any use in this team. They both would have to work a lot harder and still manage to be in the right zone. The workrate would have left them with injuries, just look at how many games Cavani misses for the rags and he hardly moves in that forward line

If we had an option I am sure we would have used it but I still think Delap should have been on the last 10 mins on Saturday.

The mitigating factor against Delap at present is probably fitness as he has been injured most of the season
Agree about Delap, it’s unfortunate that he’s been injured all season and he could provide a useful option from the bench, whilst also being happy to be on the bench as well.

Actually I've just read that you discounted Dzeko so I take him out of the answer but the point stands: there have been no strikers available for us worthy of upsetting the squad balance. The minute you've got to incorporate one extra player into your thinking, it's one less opportunity for Grealish, Sterling, Foden, Bernado, Jesus and even Delap. Pep likes a small squad and he uses the rotation to keep everyone motivated and hungry.

We wanted a striker of course but it isn't the City way to buy an over the hill player on a short term deal.
Fair point about the squad balance and maybe the right option just didn’t exist. Basically we need another Fernandinho who plays up front, but there’s only one of him.

The thing that concerns me about waiting another year though is that when you’re targeting Haaland or Kane, as we appear to be, then you have to deal with Raiola and Levy, which adds another layer of uncertainty to the overall decision.

Anyone seen an actual sourced post on this? Les is no WUM, but I can’t find the original.

A bit disrespectful talking about signing players under contract at other clubs.

Tebas is a cock. Not only are his methods in promoting La Liga insulting for non-Spanish clubs, imagine how pissed you’d be as a Sevilla / Betis / Atletico fan or board member?

He doesn’t even try to hide his protection for the two cartel clubs. It’s brazen and tantamount to public denouncement of any other challengers to the duopoly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.