Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peps taking the fucking piss out of those who say it.

We will buy a striker in the summer.

In the meantime we are 4 points clear at the top.
No doubt we need a striker and in an ideal world, we would've replaced Aguero long before now but I do think circumstances have dictated against us a little. We clearly tried to get Kane in but the asking price was prohibitive so we've switched our attention to Haaland, but Haaland was only ever going to be available this summer and no earlier so it's not like we could've got him on board any sooner anyway. And if the stories are to be believed, we tried to get Ronaldo in as a kind of short-term stop gap but United then got involved and chucked a fuck ton of money at him.

Games like last night will bring the frustration at not having a recognised striker to the surface and while that's totally understandable, when you consider all the above I think it's a little unfair for posters to say we've slept-walked into the situation. From what I can see, this is one position where the club want to to get it right and as such we're setting our sights high which means the pool of players will be very small.

Not that this will change anyones mind but…

City have scored 68 goals and were expected to score 69 from the positions we shot from.

Liverpool have scored 73 goals and were expected to score 74 from the positions they shot from.

Both teams have exactly the same level of being “clinical”

While an out an out striker would be great, particularly one of Haaland’s level, it’s not a given that out overall goals total would improve as we create less chances than we do now.

Id love Haaland but it doesn’t provide a guarantee that we improve as a team. I’d like the find out though!

City have scored 68 goals and were expected to score 69 from the positions we shot from.

Liverpool have scored 73 goals and were expected to score 74 from the positions they shot from.

While an out an out striker would be great, particularly one of Haaland’s level, it’s not a given that out overall goals total would improve as we create less chances than we do now.

Id love Haaland but it doesn’t provide a guarantee that we improve as a team. I’d like the find out though!
The expected goals bollocks is a load of shite imo.

Last edited:

One of the main attributes of an elite striker is their movement in and around the box to buy the space to shoot in which the xg figure will be higher.

Big Erland, injury permitting, will score at least 30 league goals in his first season with us

Not sure city should be in the position that they " require" to assure haaland he can move after a few seasons to Madrid.

To technically be a " Stepping stone" to how Ferran claims to have done

The trophy we most covet as a club? You sound like someone in the media or rival fan

Pep has said it, KDB has said it and most City fans and said it The Premier League is the one we most value
Perhaps, but I want to win the CL just once (not bothered if it never happened again after that) just so everyone shuts up about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.