Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
How have we got to the point where, if we don’t get him, it would be a huge surprise? The last week or so has been crazy.

I love how all our opponents have been thrashing around with contradictory statements by the hour while City have said absolutely nothing. All the other clubs have just slowly fallen away.

Some articles have moved on from speculation to acceptance and possible impact.

I‘m even thinking I hope the signing doesn’t affect our run in with all the press it will generate. Then I have to remind myself he hasn’t signed yet!

Can you imagine the scenes at the Etihad if/when he arrives? Imagine Grealish x 10

Would he be the biggest signing in our history? Who has it been up to now?
He'll be the first time i think we can ever really say we've signed one of the best players on the planet. He has the potential to become a true great.

How have we got to the point where, if we don’t get him, it would be a huge surprise? The last week or so has been crazy.

I love how all our opponents have been thrashing around with contradictory statements by the hour while City have said absolutely nothing. All the other clubs have just slowly fallen away.

Some articles have moved on from speculation to acceptance and possible impact.

I‘m even thinking I hope the signing doesn’t affect our run in with all the press it will generate. Then I have to remind myself he hasn’t signed yet!

Can you imagine the scenes at the Etihad if/when he arrives? Imagine Grealish x 10

Would he be the biggest signing in our history? Who has it been up to now?
Probably Trevor Francis ?

Lee Bradbury scored twice on his debut for us against Burnley. Stats can be misleading...
"Ironically he made his debut on the opening day of the 1997/98 season against his old club Portsmouth in a hard-fought 2-2 draw at Maine Road, but with no wins in the first four league games and a League Cup exit on penalties at the hands of Blackpool the early-season optimism was beginning to evaporate. With the burden of a large fee on his shoulders Bradbury had to wait until mid-September to get his first goal for the Blues, notching the opening goal of the game in a 2-1 home defeat to Norwich City"

He didn't score for 9 games I believe?

Probably Trevor Francis ?
I thought of Francis but Francis was one of the best strikers in England, this guy is one of the best in the world. Denis Law was a big one and maybe Robinho too.

I'd say this would be bigger than them all because every club in Europe would have him if they could. This would definitely be the biggest signing in our history. The final statement to the Likkle City merchants (within and outside the club) that a world star would choose us ahead of Europe's historical "elite".

I thought of Francis but Francis was one of the best strikers in England, this guy is one of the best in the world. Denis Law was a big one and maybe Robinho too.

I'd say this would be bigger than them all because every club in Europe would have him if they could. This would definitely be the biggest signing in our history. The final statement to the Likkle City merchants (within and outside the club) that a world star would choose us ahead of Europe's historical "elite".

He could be and probably will be our watershed signing mate.

"Ironically he made his debut on the opening day of the 1997/98 season against his old club Portsmouth in a hard-fought 2-2 draw at Maine Road, but with no wins in the first four league games and a League Cup exit on penalties at the hands of Blackpool the early-season optimism was beginning to evaporate. With the burden of a large fee on his shoulders Bradbury had to wait until mid-September to get his first goal for the Blues, notching the opening goal of the game in a 2-1 home defeat to Norwich City"

He didn't score for 9 games I believe?
Burnley was a friendly. We thought we had the next Shearer, he had talent but turned out to be a Badbuy.

Francis felt like a real statement at the time, as you say this is far bigger, *massive signing*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.