Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the extensions last month, some werent even needed. Clearly just shifting money over a longer period and bringing amortisation down. Preparing for something.
This is a genuine question btw. How do contract extensions help with amortisation? If theres no initial fee to be spread over the duration of the contract (ie a new player) in what way does it dilute the cost? I'm not well versed in the ins and outs so genuinely curious

This is a genuine question btw. How do contract extensions help with amortisation? If theres no initial fee to be spread over the duration of the contract (ie a new player) in what way does it dilute the cost? I'm not well versed in the ins and outs so genuinely curious
Amortisation is the registration fee spread over the contract period, so if you extend the contract you reduce the annual cost.

Example: Sign a player for £20m on 1 January 2019 on a four year contract.
Amortisation charge in 2019 = £5m
(£20m/4)

At the end of 2019 give him a two year contract extension.
Amortisation charge 2020 onwards £3m
((20-5m)/(3+2))

(3 years being left on the initial contract and then an extra 2) (5m already accounted for in 2019)

This reduces FFP losses by £2m a year.

Therefore by extending a contract a club can reduce costs in a single year.

Another quiet day on the press so far regarding Europe’s most anticipated transfer for this year.

That means clubs aren’t briefing PR and Raiola’s not briefing his own mouthpieces.

No news good news?

Another quiet day on the press so far regarding Europe’s most anticipated transfer for this year.

That means clubs aren’t briefing PR and Raiola’s not briefing his own mouthpieces.

No news good news?

i think so yeah mate. Madrid had become the hokey cokey club!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.