Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I picked up from watching him in the last few games is that he's extremely far from "clumsy". He's got really good first touch and his link up play, technical ability and passing is genuinely quite good, I was mostly impressed with that part. He basically never lost the ball or gave it away.

I think the issue of general concern is that it doesn’t matter how many ‘fast’ wingers we might buy to help us counter attack if the opposition just sits deep for 90 minutes completely happy to take 1 point.
You’ve probably noticed that the majority of the teams we play defend deep and we only ever score counter attack goals against them after we’ve already unpicked them and scored to force them to play out.
We unpick them by using skilful players who can work intricately in small spaces - if we put a big lad up front then we’re lacking one of the players we need to unpick their defence in the first place.
And if having the ‘big lad up front’ reduces our ability to work our magic to score against a packed defence then we don’t get the opportunity to utilise that big lad in a counter attacking scenario because they‘ll stay sat deep and they ain’t coming out.

Having said that, I also subscribe to the notion that if we do buy him then it’ll be because Pep has a plan that will make it work . . . Me not being on Pep’s level of footballing genius means that I can’t see it is all.

I think you're looking at it from purely on the ball perspective. Haaland's movement will drag defenders with him and allow our skilful technicians to work space around him.

One thing I picked up from watching him in the last few games is that he's extremely far from "clumsy". He's got really good first touch and his link up play, technical ability and passing is genuinely quite good, I was mostly impressed with that part. He basically never lost the ball or gave it away.

He seems pretty determined to directly address the weaknesses in his game and I think that is exactly what will drive him on to be the best. From what I've seen of him this season, his link up play and aerial ability does seem to have come on loads. Now imagine him working closely with the best manager in the business.

He seems pretty determined to directly address the weaknesses in his game and I think that is exactly what will drive him on to be the best. From what I've seen of him this season, his link up play and aerial ability does seem to have come on loads. Now imagine him working closely with the best manager in the business.
I also have to say, people say teams park the bus 100% of the time against us, I really think that's an exaggreation. every single game we play there's a few opportunities where space is left, where we could counter quickly. but we don't do that because we don't have the players with pace and power. With haaland we might.

Short pass completion has always been about 75%+ in his career. Puts him on par with Kane

Found this interesting thread on Twitter. I don’t agree with everything they say but it does highlight my biggest concerns re haaland. I just don’t think he fits the way we play and like lukaku at Chelsea he may actually hamper us as a team.

But how many goals Raheem has scored in this team?

I'd argue Raheem doesn't fit the way we play either, certainly the last two years, but he's still getting in on goal.

If City had any sort of inkling that he was leaning towards Real and turned down our first offer they would walk, It`s because the noises from the Haaland camp are encouraging is why we are still balls deep still in talks.

It's really not. It's because he has told us he has already chosen City.

He's certainly within his rights to fuck us over, but it would be a MASSIVE shock at this stage.

I also have to say, people say teams park the bus 100% of the time against us, I really think that's an exaggreation. every single game we play there's a few opportunities where space is left, where we could counter quickly. but we don't do that because we don't have the players with pace and power. With haaland we might.
I don't think we attack quickly in transition because, Pep like to keep possession of the ball in the opposition final third and have our defence pressed high.. Unless its kev that's on the ball with his vision and we'll get the occassional quick through ball, Haaland would come alive then, but it wouldn't be all the time IMHO.

It makes me laugh seeing people talk about Real Madrid and implying that they have the same pulling power as Getafe. Whatever issues they may be currently facing, they're still a huge name globally and a very attractive destination for any footballer.

Not to mention being in a capital city, the climate, the lifestyle, Real Madrid’s istory, and a redeveloped 89,000 Bernabeu stadium.

1648556726313.jpeg

Having been to the Bernabeu when we played Real Madrid in the Semi-final of the CL, I can confirm even then it was an amazing stadium inside, with a fantastic atmosphere. My ears were buzzing from the noise created inside the stadium. (the ear wax didn’t help)

If we pull the Haaland signing off at the expense of Real Madrid, it will be one if the biggest player transfer coups of all time. It won’t be easy against the Real Madrid Galatico player transfer machine and their media, but City can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.