Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final day of March.
I think Haaland probably has to accept that with Raiola as his 'sporting director', a release clause which is easily affordable, and the interest of the world's best clubs, there is going to be a ridiculous amount of speculation.

*City aren't perfect in terms of their record for signing players they're confident they'll get* but I definitely feel like they've pulled out all the stops for this one.

Precisely this. I'm hopeful but I'm not confident. It's very hard to pull off this type of signing, and confidence from City insiders has quite often proven misplaced.

Maybe the worst aspect of the transfer forum are the posters who live in it to tell us all that they're insecure little boys who don't think City can sign any player unless the player isn't very good. And even then only if City overpay because they're not very good negotiating. Still it takes all sorts of freaks to make this place.

I do think sometimes people underestimate how noisy football people are. Say a City contingent is meeting a Haaland contingent? How many people - from drivers to office staff booking flights to conference rooms - are going to be involved in that? How easy is it to tell whether a meeting went well? That's before you even have the politics of leaks and stuff. Half the club will know before anything is confirmed, and half of City is a couple of hundred people at this point.

I have a mate who works at club, no where near the top, but reasonably well-connected, and she hears all sorts of things all the time.
Has she heard whether haaland coming?

Maybe the worst aspect of the transfer forum are the posters who live in it to tell us all that they're insecure little boys who don't think City can sign any player unless the player isn't very good. And even then only if City overpay because they're not very good negotiating. Still it takes all sorts of freaks to make this place.
Do you think that we could get Rhian Brewster when Haaland rejects us?

If Txiki offers maybe £80m plus McAtee, do you think we could tempt Sheff U to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.