Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine accounting question, as I don't know the answer, but why would a release clause be treated differently? Basically the player is considered an asset that devalues over time, so why would it matter whether we pay what Dortmund wanted last season or what is in the release clause this? Or does FFP work on cashflow rather than accruals?
I'll have to defer to accounting experts, my understanding is more from the requirement a release has to be paid up front in one payment.

As I posted on Friday , the leaks in the media are likely to be everywhere this coming week .. the leaks are from the dortmund side , city wanted to keep it quiet but understand it’s almost impossible to keep a deal so big like this to not get leaked, especially with social media these days. Don’t believe the rubbish about 500k a week , he will be a top earner no doubt but that’s just us being clever , we never replaced torres or aguero which will pay him , oh and also we never replaced silva , with Fernandinho , Mendy leaving and more I’m lead to believe , there’s plenty of money in the kitty .. expect a big summer ahead .
Cheers lad, any news on other outgoings and incomings?

It will be due to amortisation, normal transfer fee offset against years on contract but release clause paid in full upfront, cocks up the figures for a financial year due to high spend

Grealish would be 20 million per year over 5 years (can't remember what he signed already lol)

Haaland 75

Better for us if we offset it

You are not an accountant are you?

his injury record at his age IS a concern

I'm starting to wonder if people are just repeating this because they've heard other people say it.

He's had 3 injuries - a hamstring pull in 2020, a hip strain and this ankle swelling that's not entirely diagnosed.

All of them were <1 month layoffs. They're not serious injuries, jsut growing pains. Combine them all and he's been out for less time than Foden was with his foot injury picked up at the Euros.

Last edited:
I'll have to defer to accounting experts, my understanding is more from the requirement a release has to be paid up front in one payment.

The timing of payments is irrelevant to how the transfer fee is expensed.

I never claim to be expert in anything but I am qualified to comment on this.

And with Mo Salad, VVD and Mane all on £120 a week ! INCREDIBLE !!
In keeping with scouse local customs, officially earn nothing and claim off the social due to the severe, debilitating asthma they have. They play for Liverpool just because of the passion they have for the club la.

With us getting Haaland you can see why the powers that be will do are doing all they can to get Liverpool over the line regarding the league we have to 7 league games to win the title.

Last edited:
There is very little chance of us not knowing by the end of this month. Dortmund will break it immediately and if they don’t they will report the deadline has been missed, Haaland stays, and anyone who wants him can start at £200 million. Raiola can also kiss goodbye to a load of money too.

As much as City want to keep this quiet it’s impossible. The whole World knows about the buyout clause and that it’s a ticking clock.

As much as Fjortoft wants to create a situation where there could be a last minute bid outside of City I don’t think anyone will. They are all too late now.

Looking at all the facts he can only come to City which is why the stories about him going elsewhere have stopped and the criticisms have started.

I don’t think City will leave it to April 30th either. If negotiations are finished it could be any day from today until the deadline.

City will no doubt put off any fanfare until the season has finished but will confirm they have triggered the clause no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.