Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think the fee is going to be that high for Haaland in terms of a transfer fee. It certainly wont be over 90/100m.

Could very easily be 70m cash, Sancho cut waived and Braaf or something. Dortmund will take that over 80m from Real.

The competition will be in what clubs offer for wages and what Raiola gets. We have history of walking away over these terms before but perhaps we will make an exception here.
But then it will be over €100m...

It’s better for both clubs if it’s €120m for Haaland with €20 coming the other way for Braaf/whomever. It will never be €100M + Braaf on a free (despite it being basically the same). Due to income being counted in total while outgoings are amortised.

Waiving the Sancho clause could be a huge carrot to dortmund. Supposedly worth £15m extra last summer. I wouldnt give it up lightly but then equally i feel like sanchos value has peaked and he’s no longer flavour of the month. So really that value may have slipped from our perspective too.

I see no reason Dortmund wouldn’t sell to us either. We have equal hatred of Bayern, I don’t think we kicked up too big of a fuss when Sancho left either.

However I see plenty of potential reasons we won’t get him:
- he may not want to come given he could have his pick of anywhere depending on who can afford him
- we don’t like dealing with Raiola anyway
- his agent fee will be astronomical and you don’t pay him once, you keep paying him. Terrible leach on the game but fair play to him
- his wages would have to fit our profile given what our players have achieved and whilst he is an incredible player he hasn’t contributed
- german football has a specific dislike to us matched only by Tebas so any rumours or discussions he hears will not be complimentary
- does he want to play for city in a situation Pep is no longer the manager

As a player he is exactly what we need. What any team needs to be honest. But I see more reasons this won’t happen than will.

I think it's very delusional to think he will cost less than 110m THIS summer. especially the 70m people here are saying - seriously? Get real.

I think it's very delusional to think he will cost less than 110m THIS summer. especially the 70m people here are saying - seriously? Get real.
Have the empty stadiums and big losses passed you by. Who can afford a fee of over £110 million this summer, unless they can offload players. All fees this summer will be less than they would in a normal summer.
Don’t think it will be 70 mill and don’t think anyone has said it. They have said 70 mill plus the Sancho money plus Braaf. Think more myself 80 plus sancho fee plus Braaf to put the total in the €100 mill region would be our offer.
Then Dortmund and Haaland have to decide.

Depends what our top brass want.

Do they want to rule football for the next 4/5/6 seasons? If so get him in, to me he's much more important to longterm City than Messi (I know we're told a separate pot) etc

You underestimate how desperate the rags are lol. Also, madrid has a fuckton of deadwood to offload, even to dortmund specifically (jovic, mariano)
Would be sweet if it was made public he's not going to the swamp because of that tackle on his dad by that arsehole Irishman. Surely even our partisan friends in the media would have an interesting story to cover , or maybe not.

Watched some of his goals again.. my word he is good..scores with both feet,can head a ball, take a penalty, quick, close range ,long range goals..love Jesus, but he is not in the same league as this guy. We have never gone OTT buying players financially compared to the Rags etc., but this is the one time we should do so. Just get him, please !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.