Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Haaland alone won't solve everything. Even Benzema needed Rodrygo today and Benzema is in the form of his life. We need several strikers or goal scorers who can get 15-30 goals a season and we just play the ones in form.

yep we still will need high scoring wingers.

Mahrez goal tally will drop, he is having his best season by a mile just as Gundogan did last year. as him not gonna have another season like that (and never had before), Mahrez wont be on almost 25 goals all front ever again.

if one of Sterling/Jesus leaves that also means goals are gonna leave. Grealish adding fuck all, two PL goals all season, one vs Norwich in a 5-0 home win, one vs Leeds in the 7-0 home win. there are decisive goals, and the ones when you are 4-0 up, and score the 5th. Grealish might get us few of these over the season but less than 5 is a good prediction overall.
we need firepower, speed, goals.
quick, wingers that are clinical. scouts should be all over on this position.

I doubt we will give any meaningful playing time to Mcatee, Delap, even Palmer is at risk.

yep we still will need high scoring wingers.

Mahrez goal tally will drop, he is having his best season by a mile just as Gundogan did last year. as him not gonna have another season like that (and never had before), Mahrez wont be on almost 25 goals all front ever again.

if one of Sterling/Jesus leaves that also means goals are gonna leave. Grealish adding fuck all, two PL goals all season, one vs Norwich in a 5-0 home win, one vs Leeds in the 7-0 home win. there are decisive goals, and the ones when you are 4-0 up, and score the 5th. Grealish might get us few of these over the season but less than 5 is a good prediction overall.
we need firepower, speed, goals.
quick, wingers that are clinical. scouts should be all over on this position.

I doubt we will give any meaningful playing time to Mcatee, Delap, even Palmer is at risk.
Need 2 proper full backs, Dm ,left side winger and a striker..
I’m not sure what is the purpose of grelish and where he fits in this team.

well didnt we almost sign C Ronaldo?

I think we did.

left it too late for sure.

say anything, but having those chances fall for CR that was missed by Foden, Mahrez, Grealish in these two games, we probably win something like 10-6 aggregated score.

we were deep in for Kane, but looking back at that whole mess, I dont know what we really expected after the facepalm of Bartomeu promised Messi he can leave just previous summer.
here Levy promised Charlie Kane he will sell his brother etc.

it is just that decision that "OK, lets go into the season without a great goalscorer again" and then sell Torres just in case too.

and we did have the confidence telling Kun that probably better for him to go as new striker deffo arrives.
kind of makes me sad especially the feeling if Grealish had his release clause set at 130m not 100m Txiki still pays it because why not.

I think the fact that City and more specifically Pep considered Ronaldo after the Kane deal went tits up tells you everything you need to know about Peps view on this squad. It’s a prerequisite for Pep that any player he signs has to be prepared to work their bollocks off when they don’t have the ball no matter who you are. If you don’t, your out. Ronaldo didn’t do that in his peak, never mind at 37 years old. He’s always worked very hard off the pitch but has never pressed or ran when out of possession. So to me, the fact Pep was still prepared to sign him says that he looked at the current squad and believed it didn’t have the firepower to win big.

Can we be certain that after watching that tonight, Haaland hasn’t changed his mind and chose Real instead?
Not only that, if we bottle the Prem too, Pep might walk and not see out his final year, let alone extend?
Yea, & whats that big meteorite coming towards us?
Come on mate, chin up, Chelsea win the FA cup, Real win the Chumps League & we win our last 4 games & its not been a bad season all round :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.