Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just preparing for reality. The day Kun goes will be the true end of an era. I have never felt 'loss' before where football is concerned, but I was genuinely hurt when Silva left. Not because he left us, but because it was the latest in that era of players leaving the club. Same with Aguero when he goes. It's the end of all that. But the only way to move on is prepare for the new lot of players who build on the last decade of success for the next one.
It feels to me like Kun has already gone. Mentally it feels he's already checked out and the fact we havent really seen him kick a ball for a year now will soften the blow. Exciting times ahead as i see it.

Every club wants Haaland, Dortmund know what they have, so City aren't going to get a free run at him. COVID or no COVID. They'll probably keep him rather than sell cheaper if needs be. What's the point in convincing ourselves it's going to happen, we are only in February?

I'm just saying people need to prepare for a scenario where we don't get him, as much as we'd all like it to happen. We're building ourselves up to a potential meltdown if he doesn't come.

Sensible words.

I'd also add that every year there's a 'must get, once in a generation' player - recently it was De Jong and De Ligt. Mbappe and Haaland getting hat tricks in the CL this week has only intensified this. City have a system and great resources, we'll be fine whether we sign either, or neither.

Sensible words.

I'd also add that every year there's a 'must get, once in a generation' player - recently it was De Jong and De Ligt. Mbappe and Haaland getting hat tricks in the CL this week has only intensified this. City have a system and great resources, we'll be fine whether we sign either, or neither.
Couldn't agree more. Our success hasn't been built on one standout player but very good teams with very good but adaptable players. We haven't built our success on buying the standout player at any one time. Now while it would be nice to get a standout player IF that's what we want like Haaland and Mbappe. It wouldn't worry me if we got somebody else. I have enough faith in our coaches and football people to know whoever we get we'll be fine.
When we failed in Hazard I was a bit of a dissapointment , but it turned out fine.
PSG have had Neymar and Mbappe for a few years now have they done any better han us, no.
So if we get Haaland or Mbappe, great if don't that will be okay too.

It feels to me like Kun has already gone. Mentally it feels he's already checked out and the fact we havent really seen him kick a ball for a year now will soften the blow. Exciting times ahead as i see it.
Really hope he starts firing them in again, my favourite ever player. But if this is it, we're probably going to send him off with a 5th Premier League. Champions League would be the icing on the cake.

For his sake it might not be the worse move in the world to have one more year there. Develop that bit more.
From our point of view if Aguero stays one more year and the circus surrounding Messi finally ends up with him here, with Jesus as well that puts us in good shape for the 21/22 season. Then sign Haaland.
Issue is, if we wait till his buyout kicks in, the transfer likely won't be that in our favor anymore. There will be more competitors. Right now, I presume Haaland's around 100m-120m valuation, and with COVID, not alot clubs can afford that right now, only us, Rags or Chelsea. If the club wants him, I would say this summer is the best time to strike.

Issue is, if we wait till his buyout kicks in, the transfer likely won't be that in our favor anymore. There will be more competitors. Right now, I presume Haaland's around 100m-120m valuation, and with COVID, not alot clubs can afford that right now, only us, Rags or Chelsea. If the club wants him, I would say this summer is the best time to strike.
I agree with you completely. I want him asap and 100% over Messi.

They've only just borrowed another £150mill rolling credit. They are losing momey every Week. Yes, they are United, but they are still being impacted heavily by the loss of income due to the Covid Pandemic. Stand corrected. Aren't their CL sponsorship deals in tatters once again, as they are no longer in it? Their next set of financial figures will make grim reading once again.

That aisde, the Glazers shopping mall business across America must be taking a massive hit as well.
They only need to qualify for the Adidas one

Lol Dortmund don’t have much power in this transfer and all clubs are saving cost. No one would pay that much to dortmund for haaland

The reality is Haaland/his parents/his agent would always have the most power in the decision making about his next club not just paying extra to dortmund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.