Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think they're a huge pull these days go look at the salaries they're paying. Same goes for Barca.

this will the case and money talks in terms of wages ? but madrid and barca are very good at founding wages by sponsorships and shirt sales image rights added on. its something the top premier league clubs don't really do part fund wages. city last summer with the messi deal was based on outside funding. stories flying around was up to 75% of his wage was not coming from the club but other parties

now can haaland be in the bracket of £500.000 a week basic wage plus add-ons ? city would have to break the clubs transfer record and wage structure to get near anything like £500.000 a week

this will the case and money talks in terms of wages ? but madrid and barca are very good at founding wages by sponsorships and shirt sales image rights added on. its something the top premier league clubs don't really do part fund wages.
They're in trouble precisely because they're not good at that mate.

Ideas I can think of are ...

- The glamour and history of success at the club. They're in a relatively low moment but realistically, they will remain competitive in the medium to long term. - - He's young and a long term project could be sold to him.
- The climate
- The opportunity to live and work in Spain could be very attractive, learn the language, culture etc.
- City is his old man's club, might want to plough his own furrow.
- Money. With creative accounting and this potential cash injection from Saudi, they may be able to blow others out of the water for the right player (which for them I think is Mbappe personally).

I think he's obviously got an affinity for City and we're a good option but he's the only one inside his head. Money will be the number 1 factor I suspect.
Cheers for reply.

Personally i dont think money will be his main concern,but that matter is kind of redundant anyway when both clubs are gonna be starting talks at a minimum 300k/week.
He has the opportunity to be the main man and legend here,a club that is soaring and maybe the best in the world,for the next 10 years.

I genuinely think we are a marriage made in heaven and i suspect he's the kind of character that will see footballing reasons as his main motivation.

They're in trouble precisely because they're not good at that mate.

i think both the big 2 in spain did not look into life after messi and ronaldo they just kept adding squad players on daft wages and transfer fees without using the youth systems. Spanish football was right at the top of the tree for 15 years. both clubs and international team was the best in the world and it had to fall on its knees at some point

we see it in cycles with european teams and it was england holland italy germany spain but not so much with france
we seem to have 10 to 15 years of the best football from clubs teams and then the drop off is big

now england/premier league are producing talent and i really do think england will boss europe and world football for 10 to 15 years. manchester city are the leaders and no other club needs champions league like we do
if we get haaland then city simply have a squad good enough to win everything

Sergio not coming on at all this evening looked decidedly odd to me. To be on the bench is one thing. Not to come on at any point when a game changer up front was clearly needed is another.
Could be completely wrong, but I have to wonder to myself whether he is gradually being frozen out. And that leads me to wonder — do Pep and Txiki know something about Haaland that the rest of us don't know?
It's tragic to think that about Sergio, and it's probably just idle speculation, I suppose.
Kun is no longer a “game changer” Pep made the changes and changed the game Certainly not being frozen out he’s just been unlucky with injuries and then Covid Now he needs game time but unfortunately Pep is trying to win games not recuperate a player from long term absence

He has a bit of time yet, Zidane didn't leave Bordeaux until he was 24 and while ligue 1 may have been arguably slightly stronger then Bordeaux weren't playing CL football. Ronaldinho was 22 leaving PSG when ligue 1 was weaker than it is now. Both were probably the 2 greatest players in World football at the peak of their careers. Messi and Ronaldo are unlikely to ever be matched purely for longetivity at the very, very top. There was a 10 year period where Schneider came close in one season and nobody else was seen to have really managed (although everyone will have their personal favourites during this time - mine was Iniesta).
I know where you coming from and it is probably the same with Haaland. But both will need to move in the next couple of season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.