Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all might as well just start our own twatters and just join in with the rest of the primates throwing shit at each other. Hardly any of these reports are substantiated.

One thing on the money side of it. Getting this right in terms of choosing a side that can get the best out of Haaland is probably the most important decision of his career. This won’t exclusively be about pay.

If Haaland and Mbappe are supposed to be the next stars of the sport to supplant Messi and Ronaldo, then he is going to have to put up big numbers and win lots of trophies. Choosing the club that is best positioned to do that will provide him with the fame to build a large global brand that will be far more valuable than whatever his salary will be.

If he wants to be the face of the most popular sport in the world he has to win and it has to be at the club level because barring some sort of divine intervention, Norway isn’t going to win a Euro/WC. City is the best club in the world to offer him that opportunity. We have a young squad with a lot of talent all over the pitch, the best coach in the game, playing in the most popular/valuable/competitive league in the world and we are the only club in the Prem to compete in the last 10 UCLs. In terms of City’s evolution the next five-ten years could be among the best ever for any club in European history and he could be part of that.

If he goes anywhere but City, I will be wholly convinced he is either stupid or scared. City is the best choice and no journalist out there has the requisite intellectual hardware to surmise as much.

This transfer feels like the stars are aligned in our favour or I really don’t think we’d have outed the plan for Sergio so soon...

His father played for us, he was a fan as a kid, if you believe what he’s looking for at this stage of his career then our progress / model as a club over the last decade and current direction of travel are exactly what the kid is looking for, we have the money, we are a big draw for top players despite our “lack of history” and location...

I think it is going to happen

It’s not the outrageous and obviously false reports from ridiculously untrustworthy sources that bother me; it’s that people believe them. The lack of media literacy is a serious problem

It’s not the outrageous and obviously false reports from ridiculously untrustworthy sources that bother me; it’s that people believe them. The lack of media literacy is a serious problem
TV3 is the most reliable source concerning Barca. (a club which is interested in Haaland)

TV3 is the most reliable source concerning Barca. (a club which is interested in Haaland)
Check their history...

Or do the math on who would want this kind of story out (clue: the answer is in your post, and it relates to what I was saying earlier)

Check their history...

Or do the math on who would want this kind of story out (clue: the answer is in your post, and it relates to what I was saying earlier)
I think its you who need to do the math.

We paid £30m in agents and signed Aké, Torres and Dias during that period. None of them are particularly high profile.

£10m per player. €40m for Haaland sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.