Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Its corrupt so so corrupt they are estimating a revenue of 1.5 billion from the stadium when there project is complete. They are still fishing out Messi for sponsorship deals which is a dangerous game

Anyone who signs a sponsorship deal with Barca right now will have a Messi clause - that will see the cost of the sponsorship plummet or be annulled should Messi leave.... corporations are really not that stupid.

I woke this morning thinking we had a serious chance of getting Harland. After today’s shenannigan’s I can see this transfer getting out of hand financially. I can’t see the club being suckered into breaking the bank to make this signing.
So for me I’m looking at who else we could get. I can see a player under the radar coming to City. Someone like Padson Dakar possibly. As an example. We could add Grealish and Mendes to complete a good sensible transfer window and leave the cartel clubs to bust their bank in desperation to sign a player who has had 1 good season so far.
Whoever we sign Pep will mould the player to become world class within 2 seasons. We play lots of games with a false 9 and score plenty of goals.
I have faith in the club to do the right thing whatever that may be.

We should have confidence that our club is well run and we will be very much aware of the possibility that this Haarland transfer could descend into a financial circus - but that's happened before - with Sanchez - and we did the absolute right thing and walked away and we will walk away here if we need to. As you say we can have faith in the club to do the right thing. If we can get a deal within the parameters we set we may land the player - if Dortmund or Pizza Boy - start being stupid then there won't be a deal with us and I doubt in this climate if anyone else will do that deal either.

I agree with your general point, I really can't see the club getting drawn in here. However, there's no way on earth we will replace Aguero with someone like Daka or Ings. Sergio was worth keeping on if that's the quality of striker we're going to bring in.

I think we can be confident that with the squad we have, the coach we have, the facilities we have and with circa £100m to spend - we will land someone a whole lot better than Danny Ings.

I think there's a big difference between being cautious about a deal (any deal for that matter) and what I've ready across the two threads this morning. It's almost as if people have zero faith in the people who run the club OR they have a skewed idea of what our 'morality' is.

We pay TOP dollar for players in wages and fees. The fact we didn't buy certain players doesn't change that. Rodri was a relatively unheard of number 6 who had done 1 season at Madrid and we paid his buyout. That's ENORMOUS. Almost no clubs in Europe have that sort of liquidity and we do it regularly.

In terms of Haaland, it will remain the same as it was last week. HE will decide where he plays next and that club will negotiate with Dortmund. It's clear what happened yesterday and why IMO, it's just pointless saying it out loud because a lot of people won't believe it anyway.

This all day long, our owners will pay for what they want; they however will not be ripped off (hence Sanchez et al).

If it’s a potential generational talent then we will go get it or at least do everything we can to. Personally I think one of the reasons some contract extensions haven’t been done it a a wait to see what Harlaand would end up with, to allow parity and keep the squad happy.

They do it in other investment areas of business especially in their banking operations and that will be reflected with city.

Chill, enjoy the nonsense in the papers and Twitter and enjoy the journey. If you can’t stand this now just wait till the window is open !!!!!

It’s a journey, there will be a lot of nonsense spouted - ignore it, trust in the management and at the end you’ll be happy.

Former Norweigen footballer (didn't catch his name) and friend of Erling and his old man has just confidently told skysports news that he thinks he’ll join man city.

Thomas Myhre, ex Norwegian team mate and friend of Alfie Haaland, just on Sky Sports news then talking about the whole transfer saga.

After speaking about City, Utd, Madrid, Barca he was put on the spot at the end by Pete Graves, the host, as he was asked - So, if you had to pick which club he will sign for who would it be? And he answered - Manchester City.

Hes a family friend so that’s a positive surely.

Thomas Myhre, ex Norwegian team mate and friend of Alfie Haaland, just on Sky Sports news then talking about the whole transfer saga.

After speaking about City, Utd, Madrid, Barca he was put on the spot at the end by Pete Graves, the host, as he was asked - So, if you had to pick which club he will sign for who would it be? And he answered - Manchester City.

Hes a family friend so that’s a positive surely.
Thats the one! Said with no hesitation. Welcome Erling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.