Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the extremely high price for signing Haaland, I very much doubted that we would sign him next window - but now that Aguero is departing (I didn't expect this) - we obviously need a top striker. Which makes a Haaland signing a bit more realistic.

So what do you think?

Will Haaland be our top priority signing next window? Is Haaland willing to sign for us? We might be hit with another UEFA FFP sanction with the least provocation - will this affect our pursuit of Haaland?
===
I'd love for us to sign Haaland - yet - especially with us never (I think) pursing a player deemed most-wanted by many other clubs, instead seeking value - and with all of the other possible negating factors - I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Haaland at another club next season.
===
With Aguero's departure, we seem to be favorites to sign Haaland: https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/who-should-haaland-sign-for/190339. I hope that we do sign Haaland; but the pattern of our signings suggests that we will not.

On the other hand, if Pep is all-in for Haaland, that will be a big influence, as management is very much supportive of what Pep wants.

So - beats me.

Well he is not gonna say we are going to sign Haaland, would he ?
It is not how it works and we don't have the arrogant air about us that some of the clubs like Bayern have who publicly acknowledge player names.

We did all the work for Messi, he could have been our player not for the ridiculous 800 million or whatever buyout and Barcelona politics and what did Pep say - "I want Messi to finish his career at Barcelona"

Well that's put the cat amongst the pigeons. Not completely ruled it out but seems unlikely.

Shows how pointless it is going off ITK and journalist comment. They are almost always wrong.
Pointless going off ITKs , pointless going off journalists definitely. Also pointless going off Pep in a pre match press conference.

Last edited:
Interesting comment from Pep.
I can't believe it's an attempt to drive the price down. That would only work if we were Haaland's first choice and we were playing it cool to drive the price down.
I don't think that's the case.
If it's not us, someone else will pay the asking price and his wage demands.
Maybe we're more interested in Ings and/or Felix from Athletico. The latter is Pep's kind of player and can play as striker,winger or attacking midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.