Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what Pep said yesterday? I think City are playing hardball. We'd be crazy to let him go to a rival.

Just check the bookies' odds on this if you don't believe me

What a lot of people seem to be missing is that he's literally 20 and even if he cost 120m in the summer, his value will grow over time. It's not ridiculous to think that in 4-5 years time we'd be talking 200-300m for him.

Not interested in Kane, Lukaku - not only are they way worse than Haaland and Mbappe, they'd cost almost as much despite being so much older and having nowhere near the same resale value

I took it slightly different. We are not playing hardball. We are just saying, if clubs/players play hardball, we wont get drawn into playing, at all.

well I hope if we sign him you give him more support than this.

I can understand people not being excited by the thought of signing Ings. But whenever I've seen him this last 2 years, he's been hardworking defensively, creative and a good finisher.

He works harder than Sergio and he finishes better than Jesus.

If we do have high hopes for Delap, maybe we don't want to block the way permenantly and signing Ings will give us a good squad option to allow Delap a couple of years to grow into the team, or to spend time out on loan.

We could probably get Ings for £20m and get 3-4 good years out of him.

Obviously if Haaland comes in he's starting the majority of games, but maybe if Pep does still favour a false 9 at times, Ings would be someone happier to be on the bench than Haaland.

I have no idea what will happen, but we are superbly run right now and (even though not every decision works) I trust whatever decision they make. If it turns out they think Danny Ings is good enough then that's fine by me.

I took it slightly different. We are not playing hardball. We are just saying, if clubs/players play hardball, we wont get drawn into playing, at all.
Which is something we have shown on many past occasions.
From a supporters viewpoint I want us to smash whatever transfer records need smashing in order to sign the best in the world but I’m also aware of how the club is run so accept there’s a very good chance it won’t happen.
I’m pretty chilled knowing that whatever happens the people making the deals know what they are doing.

Dortmund were very straightforward with United last year. €120m was the price for Sancho and they never budged. Hopefully they're simple to deal with in a similar way.

Also, when it comes to being outbid by other clubs people seem to be forgetting that we have an extra card up our sleeve: we can waive the Sancho sell on clause. I doubt this is budgeted at its true worth, there was no guarantee he'd become a top value player.

Based on what Pep said yesterday? I think City are playing hardball. We'd be crazy to let him go to a rival.

Just check the bookies' odds on this if you don't believe me

What a lot of people seem to be missing is that he's literally 20 and even if he cost 120m in the summer, his value will grow over time. It's not ridiculous to think that in 4-5 years time we'd be talking 200-300m for him.

Not interested in Kane, Lukaku - not only are they way worse than Haaland and Mbappe, they'd cost almost as much despite being so much older and having nowhere near the same resale value

Kane is way worse? In what way?, footballing wise, the only thing Haaland has on Kane is pace.
Kane is the better finisher as like Kev he can do it off either foot from within 25 yards. Haaland is all left-foot and scores almost exclusively from inside the box.
Kane is far superior on the ball, wayyy better in the air and much better at pressing ect.

Also with Kane and Lukaku there is 0 risk on whether they will adapt to this league. Werner a costume of what he was in Bundesliga and Dortmund have a 16 year old striker who has 3 goals in 2 starts, joke league.

no I am not. He is a very good player and been unlucky with injuries. At a good age and cheap fee and if we intend to promote youth with Delap it makes perfect sense.
Agree there is logic in this. He doesn't need a foreign spot and he knows the PL. There is not much to lose when you look at how much a galactico striker would cost. Its like a free hit.

I can understand people not being excited by the thought of signing Ings. But whenever I've seen him this last 2 years, he's been hardworking defensively, creative and a good finisher.

He works harder than Sergio and he finishes better than Jesus.

If we do have high hopes for Delap, maybe we don't want to block the way permenantly and signing Ings will give us a good squad option to allow Delap a couple of years to grow into the team, or to spend time out on loan.

We could probably get Ings for £20m and get 3-4 good years out of him.

Obviously if Haaland comes in he's starting the majority of games, but maybe if Pep does still favour a false 9 at times, Ings would be someone happier to be on the bench than Haaland.

I have no idea what will happen, but we are superbly run right now and (even though not every decision works) I trust whatever decision they make. If it turns out they think Danny Ings is good enough then that's fine by me.
Ings would be the equivalent of a Scott Sinclair/jack rodwell/Wilfred bony.

if we are not signing a top striker, we shouldn’t buy anyone else as a stop gap.

If the money is true, well the fella has proved he can bag goals in the bunders, but so have otger who came here and didn't recreate such return, So I hope City stick to their present policy of not spending beyond our valuationvand not fucking about wage structures for one player.

If the fees are what he, his agent and Dortmund expect, then let some other mug overspend on him, we have pet other targets of high talent go because of the same reason and not suffered badly from it.

Ings would be the equivalent of a Scott Sinclair/jack rodwell/Wilfred bony.

if we are not signing a top striker, we shouldn’t buy anyone else as a stop gap.
He's a thousand times better than Scott Sinclair, so that part is harsh. But yeah, he could turn out to be Rodwell/Bony level if he has injuries. He could also turn out more like Jamie Vardy has done and continue scoring a good volume of goals into his 30s.

If (and its a big if) we see Delap as the answer in 2 years, then maybe a stopgap would be OK.

Ifs buts and maybes.

I kind of agree about not wanting a stopgap, but some stopgap make more sense than others. This is pretty much the only one I think might make sense.

All Pep is saying is that we will not embark into a bidding war at the prices his agent is currently agitating for.
I don’t see anyone else with the possible exception of RM being able to stump up that sort of money unless PSG offload Mbappe to RM.
We will only get involved if the price is right. That’s the way our executive does it.
If Haaland stays another year at Dortmund and triggers his release clause everything will change and I think we’ll be in a good position to sign him at a much lower price.
If the club thinks bringing Ings in as a stopgap/backup player then I trust their judgment. He’s a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.