Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
no I am not. He is a very good player and been unlucky with injuries. At a good age and cheap fee and if we intend to promote youth with Delap it makes perfect sense.
It does not many any sense on any level.

I would take Pep's comments yesterday with a pinch of salt.

Kun was allowed to leave for a reason, free a very large wage and a replacement has been identified and wants to come.

It does not many any sense on any level.

I would take Pep's comments yesterday with a pinch of salt.

Kun was allowed to leave for a reason, free a very large wage and a replacement has been identified and wants to come.

well I hope if we sign him you give him more support than this.

That isn’t beyond the realms of possibility but will Dortmund be in a position to take that stance? I’m not too sure..

This idea that the economic recovery, not just in football, will be reset in 12 months is also folly, we are taking about a global economic decline, it’s not isolated to one country..

Dortmund will be no better off in 12 months, both in terms of his release clause but also other teams ability to do the type of business they’re touting, if anything Pep is reinforcing that point and a deal will have to be done!
Quoting the above but could have been any other.

The challenge we have is that we are not stupid, whereas other clubs are. There's a good chance IMO that another club will get suckered in to paying silly money, and I've said all along that I just don't see us doing that. As others have said, anything like £150m in the current financial climate is madness, but it doesn't mean the likes of Real (who can I'll afford it) or PSG won't think fuck it and pay it - or close to - anyway.

The other thing is, I think what happens in the CL may have a significant influence on how things pan out.

We're winning the league again very largely without Aguero and without KDB for much of the season. Also with Raheem's form being down the toilet.

Next season we will likely be stronger. Foden will be better still, ditto Torres and Delap. Sterling cannot underperform forever (hopefully). If we manage to win the CL - or even to miss out having got to the final perhaps - then Pep may be inclined to think we are good enough already and do not need to break the bank for Haaland.

On the other hand if we bow out with a wimper (again) - and ESPECIALLY if we go out having created loads of chances and not taken them - then Pep will be even more desperate to win the thing and it will be obvious we're lacking what is needed.

So his agents have been seen in Barcelona, now about this here thing called ffp, how can Barcelona a club on the verge of bankruptcy even be in the running for a player likely to cost 100m-150m.

Hello FFP this is your actual purpose in life, stopping clubs from spending so much that they go bust, not allowing clubs that are nearly bust to still go out and spend because they are famous and 'everybody' wants to see them do well.

fuck off.

We won't be signing him

Based on what Pep said yesterday? I think City are playing hardball. We'd be crazy to let him go to a rival.

Just check the bookies' odds on this if you don't believe me

What a lot of people seem to be missing is that he's literally 20 and even if he cost 120m in the summer, his value will grow over time. It's not ridiculous to think that in 4-5 years time we'd be talking 200-300m for him.

Not interested in Kane, Lukaku - not only are they way worse than Haaland and Mbappe, they'd cost almost as much despite being so much older and having nowhere near the same resale value

Based on what Pep said yesterday? I think City are playing hardball. We'd be crazy to let him go to a rival.

Just check the bookies' odds on this if you don't believe me

What a lot of people seem to be missing is that he's literally 20 and even if he cost 120m in the summer, his value will grow over time. It's not ridiculous to think that in 4-5 years time we'd be talking 200-300m for him.

Not interested in Kane, Lukaku - not only are they way worse than Haaland and Mbappe, they'd cost almost as much despite being so much older and having nowhere near the same resale value
It's not ridiculous to think his value would be half what we paid for him, everyone assumes he will get better and better, nobody knows, it's just part of the hyperbole that has taken over this thread, he looks the business at the moment, time will tell

Pre-bosman, players were mere chattels, bought and sold without their consent.
Since then, whilst the contract is still active, any deal requires three signatures, buyer, seller aner. Agents may be appointed by any party to act on their behalf. Any animosity between agents is irrelevant, if A wont negotiate with B or C that is irrelevant, it is a private matter between club/player and agent, any deal still needs 3 signatures to become legitamate. A contract between player and agent has no relevance to transfer negotiations and may be subject to a seperate injunction/court case. Should that happen, it effectively means any transfer is no longer viable. As a kfa of long standing, the whole Haaland saga is about as far from a City way of doing business as it's possible to get. Admittably we are living in unique times, never seen before, but even so, surely to fuck we walk away, at least for now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.