Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perez said a lot, some of it seemingly contradictory so I wouldn't put too much credence on anything he says.
I can't believe any young player would go to Madrid while the club was being run by a deranged loon like Perez. In fact Spanish football is a good place to avoid at the moment for any ambitious player because Barca and Real are on the brink of collapse. Javier Tebas is not a good advert for La Liga either. This all pushes Haaland towards City in my view, the only obstacle of course being his crazy agent.

Match made in heaven

Wonder if he's feeling a bit of pressure, with all the focus on him over the last few weeks.

One of the dangers with a young player is that some have a "without fear" bonus when they break through, and feel invincible. As they get older, the pressure can build, and they start overthinking chances.

Clearly Haaland is starting from an exceptional high bar, and also has a reputation as a very quick learner/improver, but it'll be interesting to see how he reacts to arguably the first sign in his career that he's a mere mortal.

Wonder if he's feeling a bit of pressure, with all the focus on him over the last few weeks.

One of the dangers with a young player is that some have a "without fear" bonus when they break through, and feel invincible. As they get older, the pressure can build, and they start overthinking chances.

Clearly Haaland is starting from an exceptional high bar, and also has a reputation as a very quick learner/improver, but it'll be interesting to see how he reacts to arguably the first sign in his career that he's a mere mortal.

Someone here posted a couple of weeks ago that “Raiola knows what buttons to push” with Dortmund...

I have to say that yesterday he missed a penalty that I knew he was going to miss because it was one of the most ridiculous decisions I’ve seen a referee make and VAR let it stand in years. It was scandalous. Here in Brazil we say “when it’s stolen, it doesn’t go in”.

I wouldn't mind this being a after next season kind of buy, when his price comes down to a more reasonable amount.

The numbers lately have been doing my head in, they have been massive and unsustainable for a while, but it's only these past few weeks been kicking in.

I have no problem with Jesus, Ferran, and Delap as our options up top next season, with Palmer rotating with Mahrez on the right.

That's still good depth. We still have the option of Phil, Kev or Bernardo as a false 9 on top of that...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.