Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way we get haaland as we never go the full way on a price!

That's the main issue. We need to outbid all our competition and that is not how we've done business despite having the means to do so. I genuinely don't worry about the desire of Haaland, I think we're right up there to sign him.

That's the main issue. We need to outbid all our competition and that is not how we've done business despite having the means to do so. I genuinely don't worry about the desire of Haaland, I think we're right up there to sign him.

We haven't needed a player like we need Haaland. Mbappe etc were luxury items.

We haven't needed a player like we need Haaland. Mbappe etc were luxury items.

Exactly. Everything about this transfer makes sense from the club's perspective. I have a feeling that when such an opportunity presents itself, we will pull the trigger and pay what needs to be paid. Haaland is a generational striker but a commercial dream at the same time.

The Rags will be all over this to team him up with Rashford. They will blow us out of the water with a bigger transfer fee, and a huge wage offer.

Or if Sala moves to Madrid (Barcelona can't afford him), the Scouser will use the money to go for Halland as a replacement. And give him the usual Anfield atmosphere and magaical European nights shite!

Or Madrid might decide to go in for him instead of Salah.

Regardless, we won't break our transfer structure to sign him. £100mill+. Wages won't be an issue.

I actually don't think signing Messi and Haaland together is that farfetched.

We know the Messi deal is something of a side project, and that the club thinks he will largely pay his own way with brand exposure as commercial growth.

Haaland would be more run of the mill transfer business.

Theres also something to be said about haaland being attracted by playing with Messi and Messi seeing the club buying Haaland as a signal of intent to provide him with a world class team to play in.
If Aguero decides not to renew then we need 2 forwards.

This would go down as the best double signing in history.

The best player to ever play the game and the best prospect in world football.

The Rags will be all over this to team him up with Rashford. They will blow us out of the water with a bigger transfer fee, and a huge wage offer.

Or if Sala moves to Madrid (Barcelona can't afford him), the Scouser will use the money to go for Halland as a replacement. And give him the usual Anfield atmosphere and magaical European nights shite!

Or Madrid might decide to go in for him instead of Salah.

Regardless, we won't break our transfer structure to sign him. £100mill+. Wages won't be an issue.

I think wages will be a bigger issue than the fee.

I think wages will be a bigger issue than the fee.

We already pay the likes of Kev, Sterling, and Sergio in the region of £250k a week. Halland would be happy with that.

It's the £100mill+ Dortmand would want for him that would be the problem. We would have to break our transfer structure to do that.

City officials have regulary made a point about the players we have signed only costing a fraxtion of what the other clubs like the Rags and Scousers have paid for their players.

Last edited:

All too often we get outbid by teams who can’t afford... when we can. I guess that reflects the crazy illogical economics in football and the inherent bias in FFP. We dropped out of the bidding a few years ago for De Jong... Barca signed him on a crazy deal with sky high wages.... today Barca are reneging on that deal and looking to renegotiate the contract.... in other walks of life Barca would be punished for distorting the market but not in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.