Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see him going to any other club than City if its to do with football and not money. im not trying to sound arrogant but right now our team is better than Real Madrid , Barcelona and the rest of the premier league. Pep is building a Dynasty at City like Cryuff did at Barcelona. When City play like we did last night no one can beat us when we are like that. If your Haaland what do you do go to a broken down and needs a major rebulid Barcelona, a past it Madrid or Play under the best coach in football in team full of young stars that have massive potential. its an obvious choice football wise.

Raiola does what he is told. He might have influence over a few younger players but if people think Raiola is dictating the moves of grown men then you need to give your head a wobble.

Raiola is the distraction, the likes of Pogba and Ibrahimovic let him take all the flak whilst they sit back and act as if butter wouldn't melt.

If you want a move then Raiola will get you one by stinking the place out whilst protecting your integrity and reputation. By all accounts its Alf who is the important person here, Raiola is employed as the broker. Alf manages his lad and is involved in his career choices. Raiola just provides the consultancy on who gets paid and where for a very handsome fee.
I wouldnt say he "dictates"......more so plants a seed and dangles pound/euro signs in front of them....the mans a ****,but hes good at what he does.

Is he our top target though? Who said so? You keep saying so (and I am not saying you're wrong, merely that is what you want to believe or has someone credible actually said it?)

FWIW, this is the Times' take on it:

"Manchester City are always among the clubs mentioned when big-money transfers are mentioned, but anyone expecting them to be in the market for Erling Haaland would be wrong.

The prolific Norway and Borussia Dortmund striker could be a top target for Europe’s elite clubs this summer, but I don’t expect City to be one of them. In fact I don’t expect them to be signing any centre forwards.
"

As I say, I am not suggesting you are wrong. I am just interested if there is any concrete evidence - not hearsay or "sources close to the club" bollocks - that he is indeed our top target. And even then, I don't think we'll get him because I think we will as usually not be prepared to pay silly money.

I know for a fact he’s our top target. Half the world of football knows it at this point.

Btw anyone looking for concrete evidence of a transfer should wait for the O/S confirmation.

I'm no expert on the Bundesliege mate so I could be miles far from the mark, but isn't Haaland more your regular kind of number 9? He's 6 ft 4" I think and I had assumed he's more of an Edin Dzeko than an Eden Hazard.

Pep seems to like midfield players who can keep the ball and retain possession rather than your average shoot-on-sight number 9. He's fielded plenty of sides with no out and out strikers at all - last night for example!

As I read Pep say in the papers recently, “If we dream that the striker is going to solve our problems, we are not going to win the games. What will help us to still be there is the way we play".
Yes, you are miles off the mark. The guys incredible. Goal machine, movement, power, can travel with the ball, is as fast as mbappe. He is not dzeko, just because he is tall. He is going to have a similar build to c. ronaldo, same power and speed etc and is already outperforming where he was at the same age. Hes a "one chance" transfer target

I dont see him going to any other club than City if its to do with football and not money. im not trying to sound arrogant but right now our team is better than Real Madrid , Barcelona and the rest of the premier league. Pep is building a Dynasty at City like Cryuff did at Barcelona. When City play like we did last night no one can beat us when we are like that. If your Haaland what do you do go to a broken down and needs a major rebulid Barcelona, a past it Madrid or Play under the best coach in football in team full of young stars that have massive potential. its an obvious choice football wise.
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I would point out that your Rationale wouldn't exclude (as examples)PSG or Bayern.

Yes, you are miles off the mark. The guys incredible. Goal machine, movement, power, can travel with the ball, is as fast as mbappe. He is not dzeko, just because he is tall. He is going to have a similar build to c. ronaldo, same power and speed etc and is already outperforming where he was at the same age. Hes a "one chance" transfer target

It’s amazing that someone would come into a thread like this knowing so little about a player then be so opinionated on a transfer. The internet in a nutshell.

I'd just want to say I've always felt Lewandowski was a perfect Pep striker from the start. His ability to link up play and press under Klopp was superb.

I wouldnt say he "dictates"......more so plants a seed and dangles pound/euro signs in front of them....the mans a ****,but hes good at what he does.
I don't believe he goes and sells out the players without their blessing though. He absolves all the bad press for the player either way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.