Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mino wants a clause in his next contract if that is to be believed, he has one in his Dortmund one but he promised Dortmund he would stay for 2 years which in January he has.

could do the same with his next club I’ll sign for you, for 4 to 5 years then let me have a clause for this much money etc.

Mino and Haaland are not stupid. Just think this is where football is going with players. They know clubs won’t let them leave if they want to go example of this is Kane, with a release clause that issue is gone and a player can sign for who he wants when he wants to.

The club that doesn’t want to sell might not like it, but they will get the clause fee to reinvest in player/ Players that would want to join. Example Grealish 100 million clause payed Aston Villa invested in some quality players with the money.

Gives the player more Control over his career. If he’s at a club that is not meeting his ambitions.

Spot on mate.

Appreciate you noting this as this is something I've alluded to regularly in other threads for some time and believe should be understood by fans, or at least considered when we are looking at understanding and analysing player movement, along with club decision making in the near future.

From what I understand with release clauses, outside of being required in Spain, are traditionally added as a way to prevent a player from leaving for a lower value than the market may dictate.

However, as we are seeing with Haaland's clause and Grealish's, something I agree will likely become increasingly common for star players in football, I suspect we will see them more frequently used as a way for the most sought after players to enjoy more agency in their careers, and prevent being in the situations Kane, Messi, or even Mbappe were in, because they are so valuable but owners pushed back more so than ever (perhaps arguably in part due to COVID).

Levy and owners of bigger than most clubs, but less powerful than the elite "won" the battle summer 2021, and whilst Spurs will still attract players and do well, I do wonder if the chances Levy will ever be in such a position again will decrease significantly. He may even be aware if this, and hence why he dug in and assessed it as better to just keep Kane as may struggle to keep someone of his quality for so long anytime soon.

The events with Kane, Messi, Mbappe's failed moves will just likely confirm what Raiola and other agents were aware of and will emphasise strongly with their most important clients. "Focus on your career first because the clubs will not offer you the same love in return if things go badly or if they stand to gain from blocking your interests."

Spot on mate.

Appreciate you noting this as this is something I've alluded to regularly in other threads for some time and believe should be understood by fans, or at least considered when we are looking at understanding and analysing player movement, along with club decision making in the near future.

From what I understand with release clauses, outside of being required in Spain, are traditionally added as a way to prevent a player from leaving for a lower value than the market may dictate.

However, as we are seeing with Haaland's clause and Grealish's, something I agree will likely become increasingly common for star players in football, I suspect we will see them more frequently used as a way for the most sought after players to enjoy more agency in their careers, and prevent being in the situations Kane, Messi, or even Mbappe were in, because they are so valuable but owners pushed back more so than ever (perhaps arguably in part due to COVID).

Levy and owners of bigger than most clubs, but less powerful than the elite "won" the battle summer 2021, and whilst Spurs will still attract players and do well, I do wonder if the chances Levy will ever be in such a position again will decrease significantly. He may even be aware if this, and hence why he dug in and assessed it as better to just keep Kane as may struggle to keep someone of his quality for so long anytime soon.

The events with Kane, Messi, Mbappe's failed moves will just likely confirm what Raiola and other agents were aware of and will emphasise strongly with their most important clients. "Focus on your career first because the clubs will not offer you the same love in return if things go badly or if they stand to gain from blocking your interests."
I'd like to see release clauses become the norm. I'd be happy to see a salary cap too in place of FFP. Stop the likes of U*ited paying out stupid money just to stop a player coming to us.

I’m not sure we’ll be back in for him

This is total bs. Messi is on 30 million pounds yearly. Haaland would be nowhere near that (more likely KDB figures). His transfer would be 100 million plus lets assume another 50-60 million in agent fee. Even if we add these figures up, it comes to around 160 million (transfer+agent fees)+100 million (wages)= 260 million in 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.