Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if Haaland and his dad have any sense, they will stick with the talked about €40 mill, and be sensible on wages so they then get to choose the club of choice for football reasons. When I say sensible on wages I ‘m talking € 400,000 ish / week. So £350, 000.
Why would you need to be sensible on wages when you know a desperate club will give you 600/700k a week anyway.

This idea of Haaland taking some sort of discount is nonsensical. He is going to the highest bidder and dont blame the lad, he saw what can happen on a pitch with his dad. Nothing is guaranteed.

Not if Haaland and his dad have any sense, they will stick with the talked about €40 mill, and be sensible on wages so they then get to choose the club of choice for football reasons. When I say sensible on wages I ‘m talking € 400,000 ish / week. So £350, 000.

Your logic is sensible but we already saw with the road show earlier this year that Raiola is creating an auction. Imo there’s zero chance Haaland moves for £350k a week. In a years time he will literally be the most sought after goal scorer in the world in a market when there aren’t many top number 9s in comparison to 10 years ago. He will have his choice of top clubs and a few of those will be prepared to offer silly wages. You will probably be looking at Ronaldo / Messi wages to sign him and if not then at least parity with Neymar at PSG & what Mbappe will be on at Madrid.

I’m not sure we’ll be back in for him

Next year 75m transfer fee + say 40m agent fee = 115m total. Then we will probably offer 15m/year maximum for five years. So all in all if the total package is more than 200m, then we will back out (rightly so)..

This is total bs. Messi is on 30 million pounds yearly. Haaland would be nowhere near that (more likely KDB figures). His transfer would be 100 million plus lets assume another 50-60 million in agent fee. Even if we add these figures up, it comes to around 160 million (transfer+agent fees)+100 million (wages)= 260 million in 5 years.
Yes, he’d have to be earning £1 mill plus / week to anywhere near that off the top of my head.

This is total bs. Messi is on 30 million pounds yearly. Haaland would be nowhere near that (more likely KDB figures). His transfer would be 100 million plus lets assume another 50-60 million in agent fee. Even if we add these figures up, it comes to around 160 million (transfer+agent fees)+100 million (wages)= 260 million in 5 years.
If Haaland is asking the salary of KDB who's the best player in the team (and arguable in the whole PL), then I'd say forget it.

His wage should be around the same as Foden within one year (mean if one player should have a similar wage with the other one within one year, no matter who has the higher wage first). Haaland has not shown any sign that his contribution to our system would be better than Foden yet (score more goals doesn't automatically mean contribute more to the system).

In my opinion, that's not sensible, that's a stupid salary that Barca has paid for their players, and look at where are they now. And if we look at Bayern, they don't need to pay like that to win CLs.

Why would you need to be sensible on wages when you know a desperate club will give you 600/700k a week anyway.

This idea of Haaland taking some sort of discount is nonsensical. He is going to the highest bidder and dont blame the lad, he saw what can happen on a pitch with his dad. Nothing is guaranteed.
He might, on the other hand if one club in one league are offering 400k and another in a different league 500k he might decide he wants the league offering the 400 k or he might not. That a personal choice. When he joined Dortmund , not sure they were the highest wage on offer. He may well take the highest bid , but there is nothing nonsensical in thinking its not every players only consideration.
A desperate club may well pay more, he might prefer not to join the desperate club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.