Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
We operate a certain way, a way that has made us successful, after 12 years we aren’t going to suddenly change that, I think every summer there has been talk of going big on somebody and we haven’t. Think Haaland will be the same story and like previously we’ll do just fine.
My opinion is Torres and Delap will get 30 goals between them and we’ll decide the huge cost isn’t worth it for however many goals we think Haaland might score over that 30.

Agree, but the way we have 'operated', Haaland is exactly the type and profile of player we would have gone and signed. This was my point all of lsst summer. Kane was a change to the model, Haaland is not. Doesn't mean I think we will sign him btw, just that he is a fit, both in footballing terms and how the club operate.

We operate a certain way, a way that has made us successful, after 12 years we aren’t going to suddenly change that, I think every summer there has been talk of going big on somebody and we haven’t. Think Haaland will be the same story and like previously we’ll do just fine.
My opinion is Torres and Delap will get 30 goals between them and we’ll decide the huge cost isn’t worth it for however many goals we think Haaland might score over that 30.

My opinion is I think it’s very optimistic to expect Torres (often anonymous and not a striker) and Delap (kid with one senior goal and no experience at PL level) will score 30 goals between them this season, or indeed next season.

I wish they would, but I see nothing special in Torres. He’s a squad level winger with no pace that’s pressed into service as a striker because we still don’t have a real one. We get by because of the genius of Pep, and the skill of Bernardo, Grealish, Gundogan, et al, but we need more than ‘getting by’ and relying on midfielders only to get the goals.

Given the ambition of the club, we really need a proper striker, to bury some of the numerous chances we create but spurn every game. Haaland would be the very best, but any ’good’ natural striker would get a hatful in our team, and that would be enough to win those tight games where chances are fewer but continue to be missed by the likes of Torres, Jesus and Sterling.

agree, we'll see. I just wouldnt rule them out of stupid spending, theyll expect the govt to bail them out by buying a strip of land for billions and giving it back to them

They had a wedge of cash saved for Mbappe that they can now throw at Haaland
I guess my point is I don't see them doing both.

Mbappe will be available same time as Haaland. They are very clearly linked with Mbappe and I think he is looking at that and running down his contract. That is the one i'd have my money on.

My opinion is I think it’s very optimistic to expect Torres (often anonymous and not a striker) and Delap (kid with one senior goal and no experience at PL level) will score 30 goals between them this season, or indeed next season.

I wish they would, but I see nothing special in Torres. He’s a squad level winger with no pace that’s pressed into service as a striker because we still don’t have a real one. We get by because of the genius of Pep, and the skill of Bernardo, Grealish, Gundogan, et al, but we need more than ‘getting by’ and relying on midfielders only to get the goals.

Given the ambition of the club, we really need a proper striker, to bury some of the numerous chances we create but spurn every game. Haaland would be the very best, but any ’good’ natural striker would get a hatful in our team, and that would be enough to win those tight games where chances are fewer but continue to be missed by the likes of Torres, Jesus and Sterling.
You may be right but if you are and any 'good' natural striker would score a hatful, then it's another reason why we wouldn't stretch to the figures rported for Haaland. Of course the reports could be bollocks so in that case we may well go for him . Wait and see I guess.

This might be a good bet, but needs qualifying. If it's goals in all comps, I would agree. If Premier League only, it's probably over optimistic.

This might be a good bet, but needs qualifying. If it's goals in all comps, I would agree. If Premier League only, it's probably over optimistic.
Yes, it was all comps. Think Torres is capable of around 15-20 league goals then 10 cup coals between them.

Even if that's true - and let's face it, every time this is reported the wages go up - then it may be possible.

Over 5 years that's £317m. That's £63m a year over five years and the potential to sell him. Huge - but I bet United would consider it.

Many thought we should have just paid £150m for Kane + 350k a week wages. That would be £240m over five years - so £48m a year on one player, and little chance of selling him later on.

They think he's a £150m+ player, so if there's the best part of £100m that won't need to be paid in a transfer, then they want every penny of it. From what I've read a lot of agents will suggest splitting the benefit of a buy out/free, but I doubt that would happen here.
Good point. I know we are reluctant to include a release cause ourselves should we sign him. However, as an example we could include a modest £167m escape fee that only comes valid five years into a six year contract.

Using the admittedly inflated wages / fees / current fulfilment of Dortmund’s buyout clause that have been bandied about (probably to stave off pressure for Bayern to actually get involved given the dubious Teutonic source) of £317m over five years, the true total cost to us were we to sell him for £167m would be £150m over that period: ie £30m per year.

The Kane option would cost us £18m more per year. So saving us £90m.

We could pay an additional two players £180,000 a week each and have the best years of Haaland for the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.