Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
"the guys who put the deals together seem to still think they can lo ball" so you mean Khaldoon, Sheikh Mansour, Soriano, Omar and Txiki?

Other than the past decade of success, what have these lot ever done for us?

We don't low ball anyone. We put our valuation on the table and if someone comes in and over pays to beat us, good luck to them.

Dealing with Raiola has already been noted as not being a problem. I don't believe the lad wants to sign for us, but regardless, we have put out offer on the table and if the rags or madrid have doubled our offer then I am sure he will take that one.
Soriano and Tixi of whatever his name is . Maybe atm I’m pissed off and not seeing things clearly but surely to get these world class players such as haaland you sometimes have to pay what is required and if it means the wage budgets changing then that is what we do . I would say that apart from Dias and probably grealish who have we really signed in the last 4 seasons that have considered elite world class players because we seem to be relying on the likes of gundo ferdy kdb Bernardo silva John stones Laporte ederson . This is my opinion anyway .

I agree we should pay but the problem we have that the guys who put the deals together seem to still think they can lo ball everyone and get away with it even though we basically lose out a great number of times to other teams . Take Kane for instance I don’t believe we actually put a bid in for him and all this £100 million bid was paper talk we should have bidded £120 million for him and it was take it or leave it because now all levy will say he didn’t sell because for one no bid came and it will be the same for haaland aswell we will cite raiola and not do business with him meaning that one of best strikers in years will go elsewhere . Would this have happened before the Barca boys came here

They wanted 200m thats when Kane said I’m out!

Soriano and Tixi of whatever his name is . Maybe atm I’m pissed off and not seeing things clearly but surely to get these world class players such as haaland you sometimes have to pay what is required and if it means the wage budgets changing then that is what we do . I would say that apart from Dias and probably grealish who have we really signed in the last 4 seasons that have considered elite world class players because we seem to be relying on the likes of gundo ferdy kdb Bernardo silva John stones Laporte ederson . This is my opinion anyway .
Well depends how much we value him compared to others. I don't think we are going to get in a shootout for him.

You say rely on them but they are world class players, what do you want to do? If they are good, just sell them and replace them for no reason?

There isn't very many players out there who get in our strongest 11, even less that we could go and get.

He's already on 11 goals in all comps this season. The numbers he's putting up are just frightening; and the only thing that stunts these numbers is a serious injury.

In a hypothetical scenario, if he wants circa 400-450k at his next club then we have to pay it; because there will be plenty of other clubs willing, they'll find a way of doing so and making it work. He's already the best striker in the world (of course that's a subjective take but I don't see how it's arguable) and he'd arrive here as our most important and valuable player. It's an unpalatable truth that some on this forum might not accept, but we're still some way behind the likes of Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern in terms of prestige and allure. We can't expect generational players like this to run through brick walls to come to us if we're not going to pay a little more than the aforementioned clubs. Because if it comes to us offering pay parity with those others, he's choosing one of them. Simple as that.

He's the one we have to change tact for next summer.
If you include the 3 games for Norway in WC qualifiers, he’s actually on 16 goals and 4 assists in 11 apps

Look at all the space he is given.

Won't have that at City.
But look at his strength and the finish.
Him and Foden are going to be the next superstars!
I think we need to get him now and to have both of them in our team would be frightening!

He’s been the dream for me ever since he started tearing everyone apart at Dortmund. He’s just a goal hungry animal and I think Peps football requires that lethal superhuman to finish all the dominance the system produces

Having said all that, all the football insiders seem to think he’s headed to Madrid. I really hope we have an accurate read on his intentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.