Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question and Im not trying to be controversial here, just interested in the thoughts of others . Consider the sort of football we play and how magnificent we can be without a number 9. (Is Haaland the answer?) (My Slight) worry arises from the amount of games we have been seeing lately where teams just play banks of 5 and 4 with 1 up front. I can understand people saying watching City is boring, (WAIT !) not City's fault at all! its because these teams are just sitting deeper and deeper and stifling our creativity. Bit of background, when i played (centre half) I loved a big striker to mark and when there wasnt one and it was a nippy (turn on a sixpence type of)forward i got moved about all over the place which I hated. Which is where I believe our success, sans BLUF type of striker stems from. So the question is... Would / will a 6ft 3in centre forward be as prolific, as he currently is, with the way most teams play against us.??

Question and Im not trying to be controversial here, just interested in the thoughts of others . Consider the sort of football we play and how magnificent we can be without a number 9. (Is Haaland the answer?) (My Slight) worry arises from the amount of games we have been seeing lately where teams just play banks of 5 and 4 with 1 up front. I can understand people saying watching City is boring, (WAIT !) not City's fault at all! its because these teams are just sitting deeper and deeper and stifling our creativity. Bit of background, when i played (centre half) I loved a big striker to mark and when there wasnt one and it was a nippy (turn on a sixpence type of)forward i got moved about all over the place which I hated. Which is where I believe our success, sans BLUF type of striker stems from. So the question is... Would / will a 6ft 3in centre forward be as prolific, as he currently is, with the way most teams play against us.??
If Pep and Txiki thought he would disrupt our play or not work for us we wouldn’t be considering him.

Haaland is fast as ****

No centre half is standing next to him thinking “thank god he’s not a little nippy forward”

There's nothing wrong with that but if you've analysed his profile, how he plays, what he brings to the team, yes he lacks on goals because of playing in a rather up and down side in Atletico, but aside that, in this system, he'd be a gem, we'd be a ridiculous side with him.

Obviously, like most, I'd still prefer a pure 9 as well, but as the alternative if Pep extends, to get Felix would be absolutely amazing.

Where would he play if we get Haaland and considering Alvarez is coming in too?

It's the movement and skill set Haaland has which will make the team more complete. He's lightning quick for his size, and incredibly smart with his runs, so he'll get on the end of our moves and open up space for Grealish, Foden, Mahrez, Kev, Gundogan and others to exploit.

As good as we are we've lacked a real number 9 for those reasons and to just bang in a goal when we need it in the bigger games. I'd say with Haaland we'd have beaten PSG away and Liverpool away as he wouldn't have missed the chances we missed in those games which we dominated.

Haaland completes the team, plus with Alvarez coming in as well we'd finally have a full complement and the false 9 would be more devastating when we use it for the odd game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.