Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I think it's the supporters that would be more distracted than the players - they must have a pretty good idea of what is going on, whether it'd in the media or not won't make much difference to them. I reckon it will be announced once Dortmund have played their last match of the season.
My thinking is if Haaland to City was confirmed & announced, that the media would descend on Jesus & Sterling to ask what the signings of Álvarez & Haaland would mean for their City careers.

It could play out in several ways. Both could try too hard to prove their worth & the pressure could seriously degrade their form just as Aké confirmed the pressure of proving himself in a star studded squad did to him.

It could also depress them both so much that they become ineffective. It could also result in them thinking what's the point in trying? We're probably off soon anyway.

Regardless, I'd personally prefer to see the season out with Haaland not being confirmed & to deal with all the speculation once the season's over.

I really don't see what we have to gain by announcing a potential Haaland signing before the season's ended. It's not like he can appear for us until July anyway, so it's best we concentrate on the squad we have now, rather than upset the apple cart with what we may, or may not have come the beginning of next season.

The only positive is a confirmation of Haaland will excite the fans, but this won't help us with the final few crucial matches of the 2021/22 season. If anything it will distract us from the tasks at hand & derail us.

Pellegrini thought the early announcement of his departure & the arrival of Pep would end all the Guardiola speculation & settle the squad, when in fact it had the opposite effect. Our season turned to shit & we nearly got relegated from the Champions League as a result. The season is at a crucial point & is almost at an end, surely another 4-5 weeks will make little difference where Haaland to City or not, is confirmed either way.

Last edited:
My thinking is if Haaland to City was confirmed & announced, that the media would descend on Jesus & Sterling to ask what the signings of Álvarez & Haaland would mean for their City careers.

It could play out in several ways. Both could try too hard to prove their worth & the pressure could seriously degrade their form just as Aké confirmed the pressure of proving himself in a star studded squad did to him.

It could also depress them both so much that they become ineffective. It could also result in them thinking what's the point in trying? We're probably off soon anyway.

Regardless, I'd personally prefer to see the season out with Haaland not being confirmed & to deal with all the speculation once the season's over.

I really don't see what we have to gain by announcing a potential Haaland signing before the season's ended. It's not like he can appear for us until July anyway, so it's best we concentrate on the squad we have now, rather than upset the apple cart with what we may, or may not have come the beginning of next season.

The only positive is a confirmation of Haaland will excite the fans, but this won't help us with the final few crucial matches of the 2021/22 season. If anything it will distract us from the tasks at hand & derail us.

Pellegrini thought the early announcement of his departure & the arrival of Pep would end all the Guardiola speculation & settle the squad, when in fact it had the opposite effect. Our season turned to shit. The season is at a crucial point & is almost at an end, surely another 4-5 weeks will make little difference where Haaland to City or not, is confirmed either way.
Do you not think the players already know? Jesus has stepped up last few games with his finishing, maybe the players know already, buti can definitely see where ur coming from if they don't mate

Interesting that carragher after tonight’s game when the presenter was asking him and Keane about rags next season he ( carragher) said utd should have been in for Haaland but he’s off to City ..
There were plenty of reports in January and prior that United were ‘enquiring’ about Haaland.

Admittedly I was worried about yet another gazump, but the non-cynic in me, in hindsight, says he probably fucked them off faster than they could get the fax over to Raiola.

What date are our new 22/23 kits unveiled ?

Expect an Erling announcement just prior to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.