ESPN commentators

What was that? A breeze? ;)

And announcers around the world tend to be nitwits. It's a law or something.

supermicahrichards said:
Vienna_70 said:
supermicahrichards said:
God...I hated Madden, lol...he was good at stating the obvious, and fellating Brett Farve (who may be an Eagle soon, which pisses me off). That's about it.

Is Favre considering coming out of retirement...
...again?

Rumors are he's coming to Philly to be Vick's backup. :(

-- Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:23 pm --

Vienna_70 said:
supermicahrichards said:
God...I hated Madden, lol...he was good at stating the obvious, and fellating Brett Farve (who may be an Eagle soon, which pisses me off). That's about it.

Is Favre considering coming out of retirement...
...again?

Rumors are he's coming to Philly to be Vick's backup. :(

Can't he manage those fighting dogs on his own then...? :)

samharris said:
MarylandBlue said:
As an American, I was embarassed by the commentators. Especially Taylor Twellman, who scored some nice goals in MLS but did fuckall for the national team. He was the one going on and on about how Balotelli crucified Christ and then started the holocaust. It was terrible.

And they couldn't pronounce anybody's name. It's prounced jeko not zeko, and de yong not de shong or however they were saying it.

And when he started talking about how Nigel is a dirty player, I really wanted to reach into the tv and smack the shit out of him.

Not all Americans are completely clueless about football.

But the ones that are always become commentators..;)
Tbh Football is our number 1 sport so we do tend to get protective over it.

You're right on both accounts. I don't have a problem with it. I suppose if I was watching ice hockey and the announcer kept calling a stick a "hockey club" or something, I'd be hacked off.

samharris said:
On the throw = Throw in.
Tackled away = challenge.
Kept in front = keeper makes save.
Soccer plan =. Football rules.
Top of the box = Edge of area.
Flaring wide = shot misses.
To the penalty spot we go = penalty.
one oh = one nil.
Attacking half of the field = opposition half.
See the play out = play to the whistle.
Early seat = substitution.
Situation not figured out = contract talks ongoing.
Warming = playing well.
Give and go = one two.
Flanker = winger.
Line of pressure = forward line.
Manchester united = Manchester City. :)
Hit = Shot.

Hope this helps.
And refering to each penalty in the shoot out as a round! Like it’s a major tournament.

anymore than 2sheiks said:
Said it in another thread, Yanks don't get football. Never have, never will.
Eye_Roll.gif

B\connellblue said:
What was the well fed lady at pitchside doing holding some kind of fifties b movie satellite receiver?
Saying as espn is now free with the sky sports package. Do these clowns commentate on the premier league games?

It picks up audio from the field...

And no, thankfully they don't.

MarylandBlue said:
samharris said:
MarylandBlue said:
As an American, I was embarassed by the commentators. Especially Taylor Twellman, who scored some nice goals in MLS but did fuckall for the national team. He was the one going on and on about how Balotelli crucified Christ and then started the holocaust. It was terrible.

And they couldn't pronounce anybody's name. It's prounced jeko not zeko, and de yong not de shong or however they were saying it.

And when he started talking about how Nigel is a dirty player, I really wanted to reach into the tv and smack the shit out of him.

Not all Americans are completely clueless about football.

But the ones that are always become commentators..;)
Tbh Football is our number 1 sport so we do tend to get protective over it.

You're right on both accounts. I don't have a problem with it. I suppose if I was watching ice hockey and the announcer kept calling a stick a "hockey club" or something, I'd be hacked off.

Yep..In a funny way its disrespectful...I like watchin American Football and if the British commentators called a "touchdown" a try or a "field goal" a conversion id be unhappy cos id want the correct term used..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.