Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

He never used the words " empty seats" on Wed. night and he did make pleas to Barca & Bayern to get behind the team without any references to "empty seats". It amazes me that anyone heard him say "empty seats" on Wed. unless that is what they wanted to hear.
Well if he wasn't dealing with the Empty seat issue why did he ask for more fans on Sat?
Whilst Pep is undoubtedly the greatest manager we have had and ever likely to have, he definately lacks an affinity with the City fans. This is not the first time he has criticised our attendances.

Another thing that’s struck me about him, and he’s made comments about it, before is he doesn’t understand why the fanbase prefer the league to the CL and attendances will probably be higher against Southampton than they will against PSG.

Now surely there should be someone at the club who could explain to him that it’s going to be easier for people working regular jobs or school age children to get to a weekend game. That’s before you get into the additional financial cost, and it might be strange to him but best not to mention it.

They live in a millionaire bubble he’s chauffered between the ground and his million pound apartment, he’s not going to understand how much of a drudge it is.

But nobody is ever going to say anything to him about it, because he’s the best manager in the world and his best mates Txiki, Ferran and Berrada are probably only in their positions because Abu Dhabi wanted Pep as manager.
That giant chip on your shoulder could feed so many.

Which is why the last few days have been completely unnecessary, mate!

No other club is under the microscope for its supposed supporter shortcomings.

No other club would make the back pages or TV for it.

I'm coming at this from a media person perspective, as much as being a Blue.

If I'm his PR shadow, I'm asking what the fuck did you say that for, unless it was to make a point?

There are numerous threads on here about how poor the atmosphere is at the stadium, how it can be improved.

That's not what Pep referenced the other night, he eluded to more people, more numbers.

We all know numbers and atmosphere are not mutually exclusive.

Christ, some of the best City atmospheres I've experienced have had less than 25k in the ground at Maine Road.

We move on.
As long is we win the rest is noise
our reaction feeds it further
It didn't look over 40k on my TV, honestly.

There were noticeable gaps in most stands and the third tiers were in some weird darkness.

38k was a good turnout.
To me it looked pretty full less the away fans area
Also wasn’t the worst atmosphere I’ve experienced

I think many City fans don't get him and that's on them, not him. If I asked someone to come and watch my team and they criticised me for asking, put words I didn't use in my mouth, and twisted my invitation to mean I was having a go at them and didn't get them or feeding the enemy, as an imo reasonable person, I would consider they were the ones crossing the line, would you ?.
He made a comment which you and many others on here regard as innocuous.

The MSM saw that 'innocuous' comment for what it was and hammered City for two days.

Some City fans on here are unhappy that other City fans think the manager should be publicly supportive of the club which rewards him so handsomely.

You are trying to defend the indefensible and deflecting from the obvious fact that Pep fucked up and the reputation of the club has suffered as a result.

What I want from Pep is for him to keep winning trophies. My personal antipathy to him is irrelevant.

Well if he wasn't dealing with the Empty seat issue why did he ask for more fans on Sat?
Whilst Pep is undoubtedly the greatest manager we have had and ever likely to have, he definately lacks an affinity with the City fans. This is not the first time he has criticised our attendances.
Perhaps he meant more from the fans. That appears to be what he is saying now and both could be seen as a criticism but either way it comes from a good place…wanting to win.

He‘s said this before so it isn’t new.

a proper PR team would have known this will be a main topic in media for days, so surely they have to tell Pep what topic to mention or not mention. Surely he was told as well not to answer any question on Mendy being guilty/innocent, nothing like "he is a good guy i am sure he did not do those things".

I dont know what kind of PR team we have in terms of any media briefings/control. seems like they deal with things as they come along by doing absolutely nothing 99% of the times lol, instead of thinking, preparing ahead.

all it caused is that now even more media people and rivals fans will focus on empty seats at the Etihad and also Pep will get more questions on it from press everytime there is 5-10k under capacity and Pep will further has to react this going forward and after game especially if we have a bad game he can really say something odd...

this thing got out of hand and only ourselves to blame for it.

Hello mate coming up for the first time tomorrow from Coventry any advice on best places to park
I usually park up by the cemetery on the road
But I live north Manchester so not sure about best way when heading back to Coventry

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.