Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I think it's quite a good thing that Pep is coming in for some criticism on here; and he could have chosen his words more carefully. But what all this has proven for the umpteenth time is what we already know (and Pep should) — as with no other club in this country, the media simply jump on any maladroit comment by Pep or any senior figure at the club to spin us in a negative light.
That's not blue paranoia. We still have a fairly working class fan base, and we don't yet, thank God — although it's coming — have thousands of know-nowt tourists who stop off at the Etihad to get their PL matchgoing experience as part of some sort of package tour.
I truly don't want any kind of apology from Pep. I do want him to be a little more media savvy in future, that's all.

The 4 you mentioned were here for nearly 10 years. None of the players bought since Pep arrived have been here 10 years so we are in no position to judge their long term impact. It's a false comparison.
It's not a false comparison at at all. The players I mentioned literally won us the league right after they joined. The poster said half of our current players joined because oh him. I just said that even before Pep, we have bought great players who has won us leagues and cups. I can include even KDB and Sterling who joined before Pep.

I think 4 out of the top 5 threads could be merged it’s about more or less the same subject what’s evident is there’s a growing problem it’s getting worse this isn’t something what’s grown overnight from mid-week it’s something what’s been growing from the last few seasons.
The club seem to be driven to grow into something what most from I can see into something we’re clearly not . The farce from season cards , customer services , the cheesy media department, the kits , every excuse for every last penny to get out of you. I’ll take the emotion out of it as much as I can but from the very top this club needs a wake up call and needs desperately to realign it’s self very quickly.
A victim of our own success quite possibly but the head people need to look and think why they bought us in the first place.

On a side note as an example whoever came up with the city trippy badge needs sacking also who from the club signed it off also . That’s our heritage badge to treat it like some form of a merchandise gain in that way is disgraceful.
It’s about drugs not Manchester City football club. Rant over just had to get it off my chest.
I know some will disagree and that’s fair enough.
On a side note as an example whoever came up with the city trippy badge needs sacking also who from the club signed it off also . That’s our heritage badge to treat it like some form of a merchandise gain in that way is disgraceful.
It’s about drugs not Manchester City football club. Rant over just had to get it off my chest.
=====
With you on this… it’s stupid

My brother and i used to be able to predict the crowd figure at Maine rd even accounting for Swales's creative accounting ,and most reagular match going supporters have a very good idea of how full our home stadium is .As i didnt go on Wednesday i asked my brother what he thought the crowd was against Leipzig and he reckond there was nearer 45k , and when you think there was 3,000 empty seats were the leipzig fans would have been, that is a brilliant turn out for a midweek group game against a club with little history or appeal.
Not sure why the club put the official attendance at 38k when so many appear to believe there were a few thousand more , perhaps Swales has been re-incarnated and has taken his 20% in a brown envelope :)
I thought tbe same. I've going to City for 40years and I know the crowds really well. If we get 52k for a Premier League game, then on the same basis there were between 45k-48k imo. Only significant empty seats I could see from my seat was in CB3 and that looked 2/3rds full. The lower tiers actually looked fuller than usual and yiu can see it all again on the videos. Where are the 15k empty seats?

think pep needs to have a bit more awareness before opening his mouth. should not have said what he said.
Imagine if he said the opposite of what he actually said ie. " Don't come to our match on Saturday", then we'd really fill 171 pages of bile, very few would twist that. I guess this new "awareness" will mean he'll never invite us to come to The Etihad and support the team again. Such a shame, I 'd love to be miraculously cured so I could go there again and answer his call.

Imagine if he said the opposite of what he actually said ie. " Don't come to our match on Saturday", then we'd really fill 171 pages of bile, very few would twist that. I guess this new "awareness" will mean he'll never invite us to come to The Etihad and support the team again. Such a shame, I 'd love to be miraculously cured so I could go there again and answer his call.
He's clarified what he meant in the press conference yet people are still jumping on his back!
I've lost all hope for these people, it's there in black and white.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.