Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

One thing that would really help with the atmosphere from the off would be if the Singing Sections made the effort to get to their seats before kick off. Never known a singing section anywhere have noticeably bare areas when the teams come out like we do, when banners and flags going up and the cameras head over to these areas around the country our areas aren’t full because people are probably concourse singing or having a final beer.

Also, if the club could turn the music off in the five minutes leading up to the teams coming out and allowed the Singing Sections to create noise there, I think it would get the rest of the stadium going more.

Same before and after half time n’all. I’ve not heard a peep from our vocal areas between 40-50 minutes all season. The half time lull is a pet hate of mine across the sport, but fuck the swill they serve us in paper cups and fuck concourse singing for YouTube… get back to our seats and sing straight from kick off in the second half.
Agree with you here. Yesterday the empty areas in the singing section appeared even more noticeable than usual too. Would probably help all around the ground if fans arrived on time prior to the teams emerging. It is striking the number of people who arrive 5-10 mins after kick off then leave 5- 10 mins before the half time whistle, returning to their seats after the game restarts and then leaving 5-10 mins before the final whistle. They must pay for approximately half a game, feels like that anyway.

Agree with you here. Yesterday the empty areas in the singing section appeared even more noticeable than usual too. Would probably help all around the ground if fans arrived on time prior to the teams emerging. It is striking the number of people who arrive 5-10 mins after kick off then leave 5- 10 mins before the half time whistle, returning to their seats after the game restarts and then leaving 5-10 mins before the final whistle. They must pay for approximately half a game, feels like that anyway.

The bars are still serving for a limited period of time after the 2nd half starts.

The bars are still serving for a limited period of time after the 2nd half starts.
Am I right in thinking legislation regarding drinking alcohol at your seat is currently being looked at? Wonder if that’d make things better or worse? On one hand, you could purchase 4 pints in a carrier (like at the cricket) that’s got to reduce the queues, on the other it could turn into the hokey-kokey

Noticed just before KDB goal yesterday that the only singing appeared to be from young kids who I guess were top tier Colin Bell stand, then followed by singing from the family stand. Even in east stand level 3 there were fans trying to get songs started. Think some of the singing section only go there to point at rival fans.
flak expected

I went for a piss yesterday at 3.28 ish and there were quite a few people queuing for the bar that wasn’t open at that time. I just don’t get that. Miss almost 20 mins so you can be first in the queue for a pint of crap lager or fruity cider.

The 3.28pm wees, a phenomena throughout football.
Could it be avoided with a 2 .56pm wee.
Always have one whether i need it or not.-)

Am I right in thinking legislation regarding drinking alcohol at your seat is currently being looked at? Wonder if that’d make things better or worse? On one hand, you could purchase 4 pints in a carrier (like at the cricket) that’s got to reduce the queues, on the other it could turn into the hokey-kokey
They review is being kiboshed. There will be no drinking at seats for a long time.

Six new turnstiles for the South Stand by the time of the PSG game so more peole should be able to get in on time. They just need to return after half time lol.

Noticed just before KDB goal yesterday that the only singing appeared to be from young kids who I guess were top tier Colin Bell stand, then followed by singing from the family stand. Even in east stand level 3 there were fans trying to get songs started. Think some of the singing section only go there to point at rival fans.
flak expected
TBF that sort of stuff happens with most singing sections at grounds. I just get the feeling the team isn't entertaining enough for us anymore. Late arrivals and fire drills are a consequence of this.

I just don't get the obsession with having to have a beer constantly. Are we a fanbase of alcoholic's? Rush in late because they had to cram in one final beer at the pub. Scoot off early at halftime to get more beer, then get back late for the second half. For a lot rush off home early to get to a pub that's open until midnight probably anyway. Madness.

If they're that desperate for beer then they're alcoholics.

They won't admit to it themselves though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.