Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I've said it a million times and will say it again.

There are about 800 active singers on one side of the away fans and about 1500-2000 on the other.

If they operated as one the rest of the ground would join in more.

The chance to do was when the new SS upper tier opened but they blew it. the noise would have been double from there because it is under a roof.

Possibly but I'm in the south stand lower and I can't see or hear anything that's going on above me. That's why we need one end like they have at Spurs. Three sections won't work

1 agreed
2 it was and i praised the atmosphere. I particularly enjoyed as all the usual old farts werent around me in cb3 and were a few younger fans so we even joined in with a bit of singing
3 the edin dzecko song should be banned. Gets on my nerves. I loved edin bit large sections moaned about him. But they now sing his name.
as you say, too fast, irrelevant and no one knows the words
Where as a slow loud SERGIO had people joining in
4 you are always going to get singing sections and non singing sections
5 agreed but i still think could be better
6 totally different fan mentality
I've been in the Colin bell stand a few times for cup games and each time have been disappointed with the atmosphere by comparison to my usual spot in 109.

Why don't you consider relocating ?

Some of the older fans may just want to come for a meet up with some pals and watch the match and that's their choice. Maybe instead of having a singing section, we should have a pint of mild and a Werther's originals section.

As regards the Dzeko chant I agree it's irrelevant to young fans (u16's) but it's not exactly something from 20+ yrs ago and most fans know it well enough.

What we do lack though is anything catchy for the current crop of players.

Possibly but I'm in the south stand lower and I can't see or hear anything that's going on above me. That's why we need one end like they have at Spurs. Three sections won't work
One end is out of the question mate. We have to work with what we've got. I can tell you from the opposite side of the ground that on the rare occasions that the upper tier starts a song it is really loud and spreads out into the middle of the stadium because the sound bounces off the roof and out.

One end is out of the question mate. We have to work with what we've got. I can tell you from the opposite side of the ground that on the rare occasions that the upper tier starts a song it is really loud and spreads out into the middle of the stadium because the sound bounces off the roof and out.

Okay. It's a shame they can't make the alterations for one non segmented end. I was at one game this season, I can't remember which, when the stand to my left, where the players come out, started singing. It was great and then sparked more singing elsewhere. We need more of that, everyone had a go at Maine Road.

there’s is a big difference in champions league games and cup games. Large groups of young lads are going. Those same groups you never see at prem matches. They help reduce the age and create noise.
Our average season ticket holder age is quite old and I think people go out of habit, not because they enjoy it
Lol I heard the total opposite over the last few years - CL is boring so we don't get the support (hence Pep's comments) and PL is where we're vocal.

Round and round in circles and I don't think anyone actually 'knows'.

It sounded OK to me listening on the radio, quite vocal at times , quite quiet at times.

I've been in the Colin bell stand a few times for cup games and each time have been disappointed with the atmosphere by comparison to my usual spot in 109.

Why don't you consider relocating ?

Some of the older fans may just want to come for a meet up with some pals and watch the match and that's their choice. Maybe instead of having a singing section, we should have a pint of mild and a Werther's originals section.

As regards the Dzeko chant I agree it's irrelevant to young fans (u16's) but it's not exactly something from 20+ yrs ago and most fans know it well enough.

What we do lack though is anything catchy for the current crop of players.
Im not over mithered about being in the singing section though do like a bit of a shout.
i go with my dad, uncle and brother and where as they are happy there im seeing what my 6 year old lad wants to do when i get him a ST. He likes all the carry on behinf the goal ;)

Lol I heard the total opposite over the last few years - CL is boring so we don't get the support (hence Pep's comments) and PL is where we're vocal.

Round and round in circles and I don't think anyone actually 'knows'.

It sounded OK to me listening on the radio, quite vocal at times , quite quiet at times.

to be fair I was talking more about this season. I’ve noticed a change in the champions league crowds. Yes there’s tourists, but lots more younger fans attending

pic from weds night. Atmosphere was good and display at the start was good.

i notice every time the European fans come over to etihad that it only takes about 200 fans packed together in the middle of the lower away block to get things going, even when only 200 sing it echoes round the stadium and travels. Ok we dont have the best stadium as far as noise goes for travelling, but it can be done by being more organised and a song that goes on longer to pic up momentum, gives chance for fans to join in.

Our short bursts of songs dont get chance to get going properly. It has been good lately when we sing the Laporte song or empty seats that goes on for a few minutes.
Vs PSG 2021.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.