Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I personally dont think the Etihad is any better or any worse than other grounds around the country.

We just seem to be getting hung up on it like the emptyhad, again now better or worse than other clubs. I will say other empty seats show up more.

I travel 600 miles round trip and I have sat in silence a few time just in ore of our play. We join in the sing 99% of the time. We always try and get in the south stand.

Going away is totally different to home matches we are out numbered so try to out sing the home team , again like most clubs when away. Brighton this year was great really enjoyed that day out, and home by a decent time ;). PSG was a great night to. Again there where a few quite spells.

The one thing I notice is when after going to a game I watch it back the atmosphere and noise seem alot quieter than being there

The one thing I notice is when after going to a game I watch it back the atmosphere and noise seem alot quieter than being there
This is definitely evident for us. You’ll notice sometimes, when our songs emanating from the South Stand are about to reach their loudest point they seem to cut out as the ball gets played towards the north stand.
The TV companies have microphones placed all the way down each side of the pitch. The microphone closest to the ball becomes the main source of audio for TV viewers. Because we spend the entire second half camped in front of the Fanily Stand it sounds quieter than it actually is in the ground. The Family stand looks empty (because fans aren’t standing which hides the empty seats) and the stadium is silent - no wonder other fans think we’re shit.

I personally dont think the Etihad is any better or any worse than other grounds around the country.

We just seem to be getting hung up on it like the emptyhad, again now better or worse than other clubs. I will say other empty seats show up more.

I travel 600 miles round trip and I have sat in silence a few time just in ore of our play. We join in the sing 99% of the time. We always try and get in the south stand.

Going away is totally different to home matches we are out numbered so try to out sing the home team , again like most clubs when away. Brighton this year was great really enjoyed that day out, and home by a decent time ;). PSG was a great night to. Again there where a few quite spells.

Fair play to your loyalty Gordon. Thats basically the whole day you're giving up to watch the blues.

My issue is when we're 4 nil up, sing if you want to and don't if you don't want too, but when the score went to 4 3 that is the time the crowd needs to get behind the team and bring them home, all I heard was silence at that time. Even the the bloke that does sing near us sat down and shut up.
“The bloke that does sing” - that just about sums it up.

This is definitely evident for us. You’ll notice sometimes, when our songs emanating from the South Stand are about to reach their loudest point they seem to cut out as the ball gets played towards the north stand.
The TV companies have microphones placed all the way down each side of the pitch. The microphone closest to the ball becomes the main source of audio for TV viewers. Because we spend the entire second half camped in front of the Fanily Stand it sounds quieter than it actually is in the ground. The Family stand looks empty (because fans aren’t standing which hides the empty seats) and the stadium is silent - no wonder other fans think we’re shit.
Who cares what other fans think of us?

I actually thought the atmosphere was not too bad against Leicester. First 20/25 minutes was really good and although it did go quieter after that it did feel, at the time, it was not much of a contest and the crowd did rally when it went to 4-3.

Sadly the atmosphere usually falls flat 10 mins before and after half time as so many people go for a beer and then come back causing the usual toing and froing goes on as people get back in their seats. Similarly at full time also.

It does seem a really important aspect of some peoples match day experience, having a beer, as is leaving early to avoid the traffic.

Undertaking a 500 mile round trip I suppose its less important to leave early, as getting home at 10:45 or 11pm makes very little difference. I suppose for those with later plans it becomes more relevant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.