Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

seriously amased what you are saying
it was the same as usual
geirdies were loud ,we weren't
I fort we was decent was dead from the same 35 to 50 mins with everyone going bar again I sit at back of 316 banging on the back lol

Bunch of wankers more like. Turned up thinking their team could go toe to toe with us. When it turned out they couldn't, they then resorted to childish unsurprising insults, like we fucked up the CL, is this a library, empty seats etc. In summary, they arrived thinking they were somehow our peers and got sent home knowing their place

P.s. not sure how you thought the South stand was quiet
Same as we do to towards every set of fans we face away from home. Same as every set of fans do at every ground they all travel to. If they hadn’t taken the piss out of us for the Madrid game and empty seats there’d be something wrong. It’s all part of football fan culture. That’s where we should retort with “we’re Man City, we’re top of the league” and “we are the Champions, Champions of England” and “if you can’t talk proper shut yer mouth” and “small town in Scotland”.

They were the loudest fans who’ve been for a long time, today. Leeds were great when we beat them 7-0 n’all, but Newcastle even made more noise than us when our third goal went in.

SSL3 were good again today. SSL1 weren’t quiet but I still could barely hear them over the Geordies. That little effort of an area is just too small to compete with good away fans.

But the rest of the ground were well up for it so it made up for it. Even Eddie Howe commented on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too. I was in the 10k.
Only sold 1000 for years.
Lowest top-flight average attendance in NUFC history: 21k in 87-88 (ie pre-Premier League).
Ww averaged 22k+ in our 88-89 relegation season and 21k+ in Div Two 89-90. You averaged just over 22k in the Premier League one season in the 90s.
So I'm interested to know at which point we "only sold 10000 for years".
But hey, don't let facts get in the way.

Bunch of wankers more like. Turned up thinking their team could go toe to toe with us. When it turned out they couldn't, they then resorted to childish unsurprising insults, like we fucked up the CL, is this a library, empty seats etc. In summary, they arrived thinking they were somehow our peers and got sent home knowing their place

P.s. not sure how you thought the South stand was quiet
Literally no other NUFC fan I spoke to in the lead-up to the game (a fair few of whom were going down today) seriously predicted anything other than a battering, expecially after the Scousers slipped up. We've beaten one team in the top half of rhe table all season.
Christ, just enjoy your day and your team, who are just magnificent. Why have a pop at away fans for singing about being owned now by someone who isn't Mike Ashley?

Decent today! I felt it petered out towards end of first half and start of second, but that's natural. Actual atmosphere in response to the match and occasion rather than forced shite for cameras. Direct correlation between older classics everyone knows and better take-up around ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.