Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

But why be frustrated, this is what I mean, I don't get it?

If you went last night to support the team then that's great, if you didn't go for whatever reason that's also alright. Pep's call to arms was basically saying "if" you can make it to support the team that'll be great, nothing more or nothing less
Using this logic what’s the point in ever addressing anything in football? What’s the point in us wanting better all those years ago as we’re there to support the club no matter what. What’s the point in rivalry? What’s the point in calling the scousers out? What’s the point in anything?

And this is what happens when Pep opens his mouth about our support. It snowballs across the media and social media. It's not the first time he's done it.

D34069-A2-5-AF5-482-C-95-C8-244-CD12912-CB.png

Divide and rule is what our enemies want

You definitely sound as though you're not arsed..

I meant to say i'm not arsed about the reasons why they are giving me shit. I watched on TV last night and will continue to do so for all cup games for the forseeable future. I don't care if we get 35k or 55k.

Was there last night easy 50k mate. I was surprised how busy it was and thought the singing section did a good job considering the amount of away fans.
Nowhere near 50k.There were practically 3k empty seats in the away end so if every other seat in the ground was taken that would be 51k

There were plenty of empty seats in all three level 3 tiers and quite a few others dotted around

I'd say the true attendance was somewhere between 40 and 45k... which is better than I expected to be honest

The amount of shit i've had of bellends at work today is ridiculous. I'm not even arsed but this is all from our manager, who's supposed to fight for us.

Fucking poor show once again from the genius.
Can you not just smile and tell them we're champions?
I do, proper pisses them off.

We're getting 50,000+ every PL home game.

So you want 2000+ City fans to miss watching City every home game?

When we play United, Liverpool, Chelsea, PSG, etc, the stadium will be full. 52,000+.

I don’t want any city fan to miss out. I just don’t think we have the fan base at the minute to regularly sell out.

for those games you mention quite a lot of tickets are given to corporates and are taken up by tourists. United at home before covid in block 107, lots of people who were at their first game taking pictures of the United players…

I think we’ve got a core of about 45,000. A smaller ground would mean a better atmosphere aswell in my opinion. Juventus thought similar when they built there ground

don’t think it’s that’s controversial to suggest we have a core of about 45,000 or that we struggle to sell out sometimes. Cup/ champions league games in particular

Last edited:
I personally feel pep is bang on the money and more than valid in his point.
He had produced a team that has been the best in this country for the last four years and he is trying to point out that other clubs have an atmosphere and attendance that gets them through games like this weekend when they may not be at their best.
He just wants the best chance of winning

Clueless. Did you even go? It was a good crowd for a midweek group game. A lot more than people who actually went expected. I'd say easily above 45K there.

hope when they lift all covid restrcitions in La Liga for attending fans Pep will comment on his beloved Barca attendances as now those players need the support more than ever given Messi is gone and the rest is pretty meh while results are shot and manager about to be sacked lol.
I can see 30-40K a lot there for La Liga home games instead of 70-80K in second half of the season if covid stuff is lifted...

Can you not just smile and tell them we're champions?
I do, proper pisses them off.

The point i'm trying to make poorly is that it does not bother me what they say. It's the fact that our own manager is giving ammo to opposition fans to have a dig at us as a fanbase customer database.

With a bit of luck he will address what he said in his next PC and hopefully clarify what he meant and we can all move on and continue to watch the best team in the world lifting trophies.

Reactions: cbl

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.