Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Buses are every hour in a lot of areas after 6pm. Trams run every 12 minutes or so but not everybody lives near a tram stop. Trains are every hour for a lot of areas. My ongoing local buses are every hour from 2pm on a Saturday and every hour on Sunday when most games are played. If I miss the 18:20 bus I have to wait until 19:25 for the next one. I'm not sure where you live in Manchester but if you're not on one of the profitable student corridor routes you're lucky if you get two an hour in the daytime and as I said one an hour after 6pm.
This is not a new phenomenon , I used to stand on the Kippax and watch a stream of people come down the Platt Lane steps, walk along the front and disappear down the tunnel next to the Maine Stand. This started with a quarter of an hour to go and became a flood in the last ten minutes. My dad was an early leaver and left the north Stand with five minutes to go and us trailing Southampton 2 1 game finished 3 3 early nineties I think. Myself cannot understand leaving early unless three or more goals behind and even then stay till the bitter end, not that I get to the Etihad much

This is not a new phenomenon , I used to stand on the Kippax and watch a stream of people come down the Platt Lane steps, walk along the front and disappear down the tunnel next to the Maine Stand. This started with a quarter of an hour to go and became a flood in the last ten minutes. My dad was an early leaver and left the north Stand with five minutes to go and us trailing Southampton 2 1 game finished 3 3 early nineties I think. Myself cannot understand leaving early unless three or more goals behind and even then stay till the bitter end, not that I get to the Etihad much
You're right . So many excuses, its like walking out of the pictures before the film finishes. Where do these people live , Craggy Island ? Embarrassing.

Having run atmosphere related supporters groups at City for 10 years, I can tell you that the only thing stopping us from having a great atmosphere is ourselves, the fans.

I see the same things time and time again:

- The songs aren't right
- Away fans should be moved
- Family Stand is too big
- Early leavers are the problem
- Ticket prices need to come down
- We need a drum
- (Insert random part of the stadium) doesn't do enough to get the atmosphere going
- Too many corporate sections
- PA system needs turning off
- Kick-off times hamper my ability to be loud
- We can't be bothered singing for the lesser games

The fact of the matter is that 90% of fans go to the game to watch a game of football, rather than to support their team. If 1 in 5 people sang, booed, whistled, shouted, cheered etc, we'd have the best atmosphere in the UK despite all those other issues! Right now I'd say we're around 1 in 10/20 people who go and sing. So max, we have between 2.5k and 5k singers (term used very loosely) in the stadium. Double that to 10k singers and it's problem solved.

There's loads of psychology behind singing at a football match. People are more likely to sing when those around them sing. They're more likely to be quiet when those around them are quiet. Herd mentality! My brother sits in CBL3 and never sings, but when he comes in with me in SSL1 he does. That's the difference. Obviously the points above all contribute and that's why sometimes we have great atmospheres and other times we don't. But realistically they're just excuses.

Get up and be a noisy fucker wherever you are in the ground. If the people around you don't like it, tough! They should watch the game on the tele instead! Unless you do it, no one else will. If you want an amazing atmosphere, contribute to one!

Joe Mercer, Joe Mercer,
Is it true what people say,
We're gonna win the football league......

Pardoe,Pardoe,
He's off to Mexico,
With Bell & Lee and Summerbee,
Pardoe, Pardoe, Pardoe, Pardoe.....

Sha la la la Summerbee..

Them were the days..........

His name is Colin Bell and from Bury he did come
To play for old Joe Mercers team back in division one
And when …….

That stadium announcer cringes me out. Far too American on top he is. We score and he does the cheese announcing the scorer. Tone it right down you do my head in.take note of the Naples stadium announcer. What a guy and fan he is.

That stadium announcer cringes me out. Far too American on top he is. We score and he does the cheese announcing the scorer. Tone it right down you do my head in.take note of the Naples stadium announcer. What a guy and fan he is.

I thought it was good when he did the 'Hello, Hello! City are back!' chant at the start of the game the other day.

He tries to hype the fans up, but we don't respond. If everyone bought into it and went along it would be great.

If you took Napoli's announcer and put him in our stadium, we'd all have to get familiar with the players first names cause we wouldn't hear the surnames!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.