Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Long thought Guardiola should have hired someone British to be on his the coaching staff who could also do more of the media work, which he evidently loathes, much in the way that Platt helped Mancini out. I thought Craig Bellamy would have been a good choice, as he is both intelligent and eloquent, and having worked in the media he knows both sides of the coin.

My brother is 14 and he said to me give me one reason to go watch City vs Southampton full 90 Minutes or go to the Stadium instead of watching the highlights on YouTube. The winner is already is decided.

For what its worth my view the club have lost a whole generation of casual match day fans who are now between the ages of 30 and 40 like me.

I highlighted this years ago and the general consensus on here was f##k you am alright Jack I have a ST.

Pre take over I would class myself as the casual brigade that went to between 5 and 10 games a season helping boost attendancesmost weeks .

Once the take over came the prices rocketed for a one off premier league game and for Cup games we could get a ticket no problems for the first few rounds but when it got interesting semi or final not a sniff.

I remeber going to the first 3 rounds as interest was low and then for allocation to final season tickets holders got prioritised so we didn't get a sniff. That was the clubs decision and so be it but it pissed a lot off as we never would get a chance of tickets for the big games.

So be it. You can argue the rights and wrongs of this policy all day . I know things have changed now but we lost a large section of casual match day going support due to this.

Thats my view anyway. I have zero interest in going now still support city as much as I ever have but have no interest in going to games at the stadium.

However I am going Wycombe next week tho great prices as kids want to hopefully it will pull me back in.

Not sure what the answer is to get these lost casuals back . But the same will happen again in league Cup no problem getting tickets early rounds but if we get to final won't have a sniff just because we don't have a ST which il never be able to afford or justify as I work every other weekend

Spot on mate. Sky and BT with their embarrassing hysterical bullshit about how “amazing” it is to have fans back and how “incredible” the atmosphere is are just peddling their wares to gullible armchair fans. Rent a quote idiot ex player pundits read out their carefully prepared lines “Elland Rd will be like a cauldron today” and then 45 mins later fail to comment about how quiet the first half was

Atmosphere at matches has deteriorated steadily year on year for the last twenty odd years. The demographic has changed and those still up for it are stifled to an extent by the whole corporate over sanitised set up at any match these days. Occasionally the circumstances and importance of an individual match produce a bouncing stadium that make us all yearn for the old days ….. but sadly those days are gone
My go to anecdote on this is when a journo asked Fernandinho whether he was worried about playing at Liverpool's famous atmosphere and he just listed all of the things he had experienced playing in games in South America and the Ukraine, and he was like 'I think I'll be ok'.

I'd argue the atmosphere is also being impacted because it is the 'locals' who are now feeling disenfranchised?

A local must always traipse across Manchester in the height of rush hour, a local can take it or leave it, a local is invariably a little less affluent than someone making a rare/special occasion visit for a Champions League game?

I am a 'local' and, finances, not withstanding, the number of hurdles which legitimately exist just in terms of midweek attendance, for this 47-year-old, anyway, has me a deepening sense of, "They don't care about me and I won't be missed".

Can't blame day-trippers and kids, they are turning up in big numbers and making it a 'treat', they don't have any shared hard yards, leave the atmosphere responsibilities to the regulars, hoping to just spend £200 in the club shop and sit back and be entertained.

Too many people concerned about 'optics', or should I say the last rod to beat us over the head with, considering how successful we are as a team.

Pep is dropping the ball a little too much for my liking and also had to walk back his naive recent comments in Brazil about quitting at the end of the two-years left on his deal.

For him to feed into the lazy narrative again with regards fans staying away is extremely poor from him.

His lack of self-awareness and from the club in general with regards our fanbase, the considerations many also have with Covid, perhaps further highlights a huge, current disconnect.

There is an ignorance about Pep and the Catalan executives which I feel takes people like me for granted?

I've never felt further away from the club as I have this summer. My dad is ready to call it a day after 60 years, my brothers are taking or leaving it.

If I didn't have my two kids, I'd probably knock it all on the head and come and watch a couple of games a season, taking the rest in on the box.

What really angers me is that City fans are having to defend themselves because of comments like those from the manager.

"The players will be tired, Southampton are a tough team, more fans..."

The players are fucking tired? We have supporters who have lost jobs, businesses, grandparents too uncomfortable to return of late, being told to come to grips with a ticketing roll out which is beyond comical.

I don't give a fuck what other clubs get, there were 38,000 Blues who parted with their hard-earned last night and they'll do for me.

Sadly, not for Pep and the people who are being paid enough money to know better.

Tell you what, City. Make every ticket £20 across the board for every game and you would have to build a stadium twice the size of the Etihad to accommodate every person.

They aren't going to do that, though, as money will always be the bottom line, so accept the type of fans we have, or fuck off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.