Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Singing is only a small part of a good atmosphere.

It's the 'Ooohs' when we have a close shot, shouting after a bad tackle, ironic cheering at a mistake, whistling and booing when our opponents have the ball, clapping as players come out to take a corner, seats clattering when we counter, shouting for every decision, whether it's a throw-in or a penalty.

Singing isn't everything.

If you're in a quieter part of the ground and you're too cool/embarrassed to get songs going, get your hands out of your pockets and try being a noisy bugger in other ways. Booing, whistling, cheering, clapping. Stop blaming other people for you not contributing! It starts with you!

I can’t be arsed going West Ham anymore. nearly 30 years going
Can’t be arsed with the commute and annoying pissheads around me
Probably me getting older
But I really don’t care for going anymore.so be it.

same here, 33 now and after all the stuff I got up to in my teens, early 20s at city. I'm more contempt at just going into the game (when i can) with the old man, and then leaving after.

I don't drink no more (disappointing the club still don't do 0% alcoholic drinks) and they've now stopped selling bovril!!

Said at the start of the season I just want to do a a couple of city games and a couple of rangers games and then I am contempt never going again.

Priorities change, I don't want to force football on my kids (if they'd rather play superheroes or with lego I'm happy)

Covid has played a massive part in changing many peoples view around football I think aswell

Yes - agree you can criticise the atmosphere, I've no issue with that.

The empty seat obsession from the media isn't criticism, it is poverty shaming.

Majority of our fan base our mostly working class and based in Greater Manchester. People are either working or the added group stages are too much financially.

Unlike the dippers and Yoonited, we don't have a Northern Ireland contingent to make up for the drop in numbers.
All Ireland and Scandinavia .
Nited fan on a friend's forum dared to take the piss out of our champions League defeat. My response," yes it's a woman only winning two major trophies" didn't hear from him again.

Spurs sold out their Conference league qualifier. Sick of this dead rubber nonsense. Literally only fans who have excuses about “online tickets” or working “late shifts” or “no money” etc etc. So nobody in Liverpool or any other city has that problem do they? End of the day I think some of our fans are pretty arrogant towards the whole thing. Remember how rocking the place was when we beat Spurs (crouch OG) to get champions league. Then when we actually do and play Napoli (the first CL game in our history) we got 38,000… End of the day our fans weirdly prefer watching Fulham or Norwich or Southampton than Leipzig or Shakhtar or Roma. Wierd mentally we have as a fan base
Why would any City fan post misinformation that shows our club in a worse light and another club in a better light? That’s beyond bizarre. Spurs’ ground wasn’t even fully open for that game so I’m not sure where you’re getting that info from. They closed off various sections just as they’re doing for all their group games. This from their website:

“As with the recent play-off tie against Pacos de Ferreira, Level 5 of the East, North and West Stands will not be open for these fixtures. Season Ticket Holders will therefore be able to select from all available seats as their regular seat will not be reserved.”

And as has already been pointed out to you by @Manchester33 the attendance for Napoli wasn’t 38,000. It was 44,000. We also got over 50,000 against Shakhtar for a run of the mill group game 2 seasons ago. Our CL attendances aren’t always the best but they’re nowhere near as bad as some fans are making out.

That isn't correct. The attendance was 44,026 which was pretty much a sell-out.

Source

I think we had more than that last night. There's no way it was 38k, but I'll wait for official confirmation of the attendance.... that's with no away fans too!
The Napoli game we deffo had 38k because again the media mocked us before and after the game. Mentally destroying haha can’t take it anymore

Spurs sold out their Conference league qualifier. Sick of this dead rubber nonsense. Literally only fans who have excuses about “online tickets” or working “late shifts” or “no money” etc etc. So nobody in Liverpool or any other city has that problem do they? End of the day I think some of our fans are pretty arrogant towards the whole thing. Remember how rocking the place was when we beat Spurs (crouch OG) to get champions league. Then when we actually do and play Napoli (the first CL game in our history) we got 38,000… End of the day our fans weirdly prefer watching Fulham or Norwich or Southampton than Leipzig or Shakhtar or Roma. Wierd mentally we have as a fan base

mmmm - 14 posts in 8 years????

brought a meeting forward in Lancaster yesterday because of the game.
Left Manchester 6 am and left Lancaster 4.30 ,traffic was dire, got to car park 6.45 .
Went to Chippy ,phone ticket didnt work and had to get steward to sort it, got in ground at 7.30 and had a beer.
I am sure Peps day was a lot easier then mine and others so have a word with yourself Guardiola before having a pop at fans.
His comments have fed Talkshite for the first hour!!

Singing is only a small part of a good atmosphere.

It's the 'Ooohs' when we have a close shot, shouting after a bad tackle, ironic cheering at a mistake, whistling and booing when our opponents have the ball, clapping as players come out to take a corner, seats clattering when we counter, shouting for every decision, whether it's a throw-in or a penalty.

Singing isn't everything.

If you're in a quieter part of the ground and you're too cool/embarrassed to get songs going, get your hands out of your pockets and try being a noisy bugger in other ways. Booing, whistling, cheering, clapping. Stop blaming other people for you not contributing! It starts with you!
100% this, need to make the ground more intimidating if possible

Saying that we've won 5v0 5v0 6v3 in last 3 games so can't imagine we're the first away match teams would choose

In general, though, one of the things Klopp did was build an atmosphere at Anfield. He's spoken about that draw where they did the cringe bow at the Kop as being a deliberate tactic to cure "the depression" at the club. On loads of occasions in those early seasons he was signalling to the crowd to be more energetic or whatever. He asked the fans to turn up for smaller games, asked them not to leave early etc etc
That atmosphere must’ve gone AWOL the day we played then at Anfield in the 2018/19 season. Considering it was already shaping up to be a City/Liverpool title battle, their fans were complete and utter dogshit and only piped up when Mahrez missed that late penalty. I’ll never forget us mercilessly mocking their shite atmosphere in the first half and the Kop still couldn’t muster a chant. One fan in their main stand was fuming but not with us - he was furiously gesticulating at the silent Kop to make some noise!

The Spurs attendance was 30,215 https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/europa-conference-league-qual-2021-2022/1/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.