Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

7 hour round trip yesterday, lost half a days pay to attend, home at gone 1, up again at 5 for work, to read that a man who will earn in a month what i won't earn in a lifetime isn't happy with the support, this on the back of ages trying to sort the bleeding tickets out. Leaves a sour taste to be honest.

He "gets us" more than you and some other blues actually. He knows we are now one of the world's biggest and best teams who are targeting all the trophies on offer. He also knows that we are no longer a little parochial club who's season rests on giving our local rivals a bloody nose.

So we are a business then now,fair enough

I will always remember Pep when he has gone for the amount of trophies he has brought to us and for the style of play. And for not playing a defensive midfielder in the Champions League final....

However, that doesn't make him any less of a prick. And I will still always prefer Mancini over him. In my eyes, Mancini will always be the man.

Honestly though, what Pep has said there tonight is indefensible. There is zero need for him to say it. And it is certainly not the reason we conceded 3 shockers either. I'm not sure what he expects from the fans. Tonight was a great and unexpected turnout with a decent atmosphere considering lack of away fans. Our fans are slated constantly from all angles, we don't need our manager to be jump in on us too.

Maybe he'll retrospectively come over to the away end at Leicester, which by the way, was one of the loudest away ends in a long time, to thank us. Maybe not...
I’m still pissed off about it now and seeing it all over social media. Absolutely no need for it. Sarcastically saying Saturday 3pm wtf!

Let's be honest, there are only ever 2-3 games in the season in the league when the atmosphere is great. In Cup matches until the later rounds the atmosphere is always so-so at best, lots of day trippers can get tickets easier and some fans save money. This is true for all clubs. Been to a half empty Barca to watch City in the group stages no one seems to care. OT is half empty at best for early rounds of the cup most years, no one cares. It's just an excuse to hit out at City, ignore it.

Manager asks fans for more support shocker - so what. I love what Pep has done for the club. He wants more rather than moan why not give him and the team more?

agree with this. We don’t have the fan base. Never needed to expand the ground

We're getting 50,000+ every PL home game.

So you want 2000+ City fans to miss watching City every home game?

When we play United, Liverpool, Chelsea, PSG, etc, the stadium will be full. 52,000+.

7 hour round trip yesterday, lost half a days pay to attend, home at gone 1, up again at 5 for work, to read that a man who will earn in a month what i won't earn in a lifetime isn't happy with the support, this on the back of ages trying to sort the bleeding tickets out. Leaves a sour taste to be honest.
Yep. I think a lot of us are feeling like that today.

Reactions: jrb
Atmosphere hasn't been the same since they added that pointless third tier.

48,000 was big enough for a club like us.

Did you read the post?

38,000 fans for me is more than acceptable - seemingly not for Pep.

I don't care about the optics, I care about our manager and ownership being so stupidly detached.

Fans justifying their none attendance should not be required, but Pep's comments, without any prompting from the interviewer, have brought it into the public domain, because that's what HE wanted.

Not that it's anyone's business, but I've earned £40 this week, my income has always gone up and down, lost my business during Covid.

As someone who is rightly proud of being a City fan, I am simply sharing that because there are countless barriers to non-attendance across the board, yet Pep should somehow avoid the ire of people like me and thousands of others who feel smarted by an accusation of a lack of loyalty.

It was a crass attack on the supporter base as a whole, some pseudo reverse psycho ploy in his head, no doubt.

I'm going on Saturday in 93:20 because a family member is treating me to a ticket. My dad and son will be there because I've sorted them some comps.

This is an inner-City football club, with a demographic that Pep and his Catalan bubble are so far removed from.

I blame the club for that. They have focused so much on making everything 'just so' for him to achieve on the pitch, they have taken their eye off what truly made this club special off it.
It wasn't 38k. That's on the BBC but it has to be wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.