Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I think you are spot on. Too easy to slam Pep when the reality is that the media and non City fans are laughing at the over reaction of a section of our fans rather than what he said. Pep made a comment, he didn't "feed the enemy", the reaction has.

Peps comments were shared over social media within minutes by journos, talkshite devoted time to weigh in their bollocks, rival fans were taking the piss within seconds,

The OSC comment was the day after, most reaction here was yesterday.

He not only fed the enemy he handed it them on a platter.

No comments I have seen has been about our fans reaction because he the mantra being peddled is we don't exist in the first place which is why pep begged for fans.

I don't mind if our manager has a genuine critism of the fans, we have been before for some behaviour, it has happened from previous managers, but Pep talks shite like with this stuff, bar maybe Bayern none of the continents apparent big clubs fill their grounds to as high a % as us regularaly, he has firmly bought into the so called elite clubs mythology about themselves and needs to maybe try to connect with the ones who belt his name out every week.

Btw I like Pep, I like his stance on many things outside football and his left winged leanings, I also like his man management with staff and players, seems a top bloke, just talks shite sometimes as we all do.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210917_062752_com.bskyb.sportnews.jpg
Even got us to main headline on sky sports now. Don't know of any other club who get this much focus on who does or doesn't turn up.
Of course the article states we have a 55000 capacity which is untrue it fails to mention the away end was virtually empty nor the various difficulties faced through mobile ticketing so far.

Just had a quick look at all the attendances for game week 1 in the champions league ...
1) Liverpool..57,445
2) City...45,000
3) Athletico Madrid ...40.098
4) Barcelona...39,783
5) Chelsea...39,252
So for all the talk about empty seats we actually had the second highest attendance in all Europe , only topped by Liverpool who were playing AC Milan, a far bigger draw than RB Leipzig..
(Admitedly the BBC reported 38,000 , but others reported 45,000 and it looked more like 45,000 to me , even so the 38,000 would have still had us 5th , with virtually no away fans)
Surely you're under reporting Liverpool's attendance?

It's now a leading story. How ridiculous. Actually checked Pep's comments and the full quote from the OSC chap and neither are that controversial. Social media, rival fan's glee, clickbait journalists and commentators has done for us.

Just had a quick look at all the attendances for game week 1 in the champions league ...
1) Liverpool..57,445
2) City...45,000
3) Athletico Madrid ...40.098
4) Barcelona...39,783
5) Chelsea...39,252
So for all the talk about empty seats we actually had the second highest attendance in all Europe , only topped by Liverpool who were playing AC Milan, a far bigger draw than RB Leipzig..
(Admitedly the BBC reported 38,000 , but others reported 45,000 and it looked more like 45,000 to me , even so the 38,000 would have still had us 5th , with virtually no away fans)
With about 50 away fans in the away end it means that if the official attendance was 38k then thats 1.2/5 empty seats. There's no way that's true.

In reality the home ends were almost full and you can watch video highlights to show that.

To the Utd fans on here taking the piss, it will rebound on you. All you will do is create a great atmosphere at the ground. Pep is a genius.

Come on city fans. Fortress Eithad.

Does anyone know what the actual attendance was the other night? Talkshite going with 38.000 in fact there headline news was "the ground was only 70% full" I thought it looked more than that,
Where are they getting there "facts" from I cant seem to find a official attendance?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.