Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Is it gonna be full tomorrow ??? Yes
Will there be an atmosphere??? Yes
Will it help us win...hopefully
If it does pep won’t give a shit and frankly tolm neither will I

Which is why the last few days have been completely unnecessary, mate!

No other club is under the microscope for its supposed supporter shortcomings.

No other club would make the back pages or TV for it.

I'm coming at this from a media person perspective, as much as being a Blue.

If I'm his PR shadow, I'm asking what the fuck did you say that for, unless it was to make a point?

There are numerous threads on here about how poor the atmosphere is at the stadium, how it can be improved.

That's not what Pep referenced the other night, he eluded to more people, more numbers.

We all know numbers and atmosphere are not mutually exclusive.

Christ, some of the best City atmospheres I've experienced have had less than 25k in the ground at Maine Road.

We move on.

Sky are cunts but someone at City needs to be addressing the mistruth about Wednesday's attendance. We all know it was way more than 38,062 and how the fuck that figure has come about is beyond me. It could even have been a genuine mistake that originated from inside the club but every fucker now seems to be quoting it as the official attendance when some sources were originally quoting 45k.

It didn't look over 40k on my TV, honestly.

There were noticeable gaps in most stands and the third tiers were in some weird darkness.

38k was a good turnout.

The current capacity is just under 53,000 because of the new pitchside advertising banners. It has never been 55,000 for football events because of safety reasons. It used to be 54,500. The press always get it wrong. I agree it looked like about 48,000 last night though. It looked full in East Stand Upper (where I sit) with a few thousand missing in the Colin Bell top tier.
Definitely nearer 48 than 38, A very good attendance no matter what anybody says. If pep was maybe criticizing the atmosphere in the stadium he could try geeing the fans up a bit by scoring lots of goals and playing attacking football.

Which is why the last few days have been completely unnecessary, mate!

No other club is under the microscope for its supposed supporter shortcomings.

No other club would make the back pages or TV for it.

I'm coming at this from a media person perspective, as much as being a Blue.

If I'm his PR shadow, I'm asking what the fuck did you say that for, unless it was to make a point?

There are numerous threads on here about how poor the atmosphere is at the stadium, how it can be improved.

That's not what Pep referenced the other night, he eluded to more people, more numbers.

We all know numbers and atmosphere are not mutually exclusive.

Christ, some of the best City atmospheres I've experienced have had less than 25k in the ground at Maine Road.

We move on.

Pep needs an hour with a proper supporter, a heart to heart chat. It appears everyone at the club tiptoes around him and it's doing no one any favours. Once again I have no idea what our so called public relations team do, it's a toss up whose worse, them or our ticket office

Even if he did it shouldn’t matter to this extent and don’t be too sure it hasn’t worked by the way. We will see on Saturday.

He’s said these things before with the intention of bringing us together more. He might use the wrong words but the root cause of the problem isn’t Pep it’s the Blues who care what rival fans think.

We’ve all been through loads this is nothing unless we let it be.

We won't see on Saturday though, will we?

The crowd will be significantly larger, as it always was going to be.

It will be revisionism at best.

The crowd might be louder for a few minutes, but the only instigator will be how things go on the pitch.

We win, then the atmosphere will be more audible than losing.

Okay petty spats aside we now have to show a united front. We all have our own interpretation of what Pep said, those words are out there, that's over. I think he could have handled today's press conference better. A simple explanation and and "I'm sorry if any of our fans misinterpreted my comments, I would never criticise them, we need them" would have sufficed. We all know who our real enemy are and it's not Pep. I'll be there tomorrow loud and proud, fuck sky, fuck the media and fuck the plastic online wankers from other clubs, half of whom have never stepped foot inside a football ground. CTID!
Well said mate.

Took my lad on Wednesday, cost me 35 quid for both of us, watched a fantastic game, loads of goals, unbelievable players, an amazing manager, my lad loved it, overall a really positive experience enjoyed by all who attended. Our manager is a winner, he wants as many supporters as possible to be there to create as loud an atmosphere as possible, because he knows the competition is tough and this will help his players to deliver the success we all want to see. This is where the focus should be, not whether United fans are taking the piss on Facebook. Who gives a shit about them twats?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.