Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Who mentioned money or being a millionaire? Not even close to the point I was making. I think he doesn't get City fans or Mancs. I don't get Barca's fans, not cos I'm not on the same financial footing as them, cos I likely am, but its cos I'm not from Barcelona, not Spanish/Catalan and haven't lived in that area and interacted with them for years. I don't think he gets the backlash that this would cause. I don't think he gets that this doesn't actually help and will be twisted into something much worse.
I think many City fans don't get him and that's on them, not him. If I asked someone to come and watch my team and they criticised me for asking, put words I didn't use in my mouth, and twisted my invitation to mean I was having a go at them and didn't get them or feeding the enemy, as an imo reasonable person, I would consider they were the ones crossing the line, would you ?.

Last edited:
the effect of a great atmosphere can be seen in the result at leicester this past weekend. a lot of teams struggle to win in away games when the players are exposed to intimidating atmospheres.

I think many City fans don't get him and that's on them, not him. If I asked someone to come and watch my team and they criticised me for asking, put words I didn't use, in my mouth, and twisted my invitation to mean I was having a go at them and didn't get them or feeding the enemy, as an imo reasonable person, I would consider they were the ones crossing the line, would you ?.
What amazes me with Pep is, never once did he ever say anything about empty seats when he was at his beloved Barca.

The thing is, there's also massive overlap with the people who wanted him fired last October, and in January 2016.

For a lot of them It's not about the CL, its not about his comments on Wedneday, they just don't like him and they're never going to.
Agreed and maybe add to that those (some the same) that cannot help constantly using the term "Barca Boys" as a put down.

The thing is, there's also massive overlap with the people who wanted him fired last October, and in January 2016.

For a lot of them It's not about the CL, its not about his comments on Wedneday, they just don't like him and they're never going to.
Yep, and it's the same posters who refer to Mancini as Bobby Manc as if he has some special relationship with Manchester. He really doesn't as it was just a very well paid job for him, the same as it is with Pep.

It's funny isn't it. One of the most popular criticisms is that he doesn't get the derby. And yet one of the most enjoyable and memorable derbies of this decade came under his management - the 1-2 win in 2017. Absolutely humiliated them. Remember Sterling and Kevin fucking around with the ball in extra time? What a glorious evening.

What amazes me with Pep is, never once did he ever say anything about empty seats when he was at his beloved Barca.
He never used the words " empty seats" on Wed. night and he did make pleas to Barca & Bayern to get behind the team without any references to "empty seats". It amazes me that anyone heard him say "empty seats" on Wed. unless that is what they wanted to hear.

Another thing that’s struck me about him, and he’s made comments about it, before is he doesn’t understand why the fanbase prefer the league to the CL and attendances will probably be higher against Southampton than they will against PSG.

Now surely there should be someone at the club who could explain to him that it’s going to be easier for people working regular jobs or school age children to get to a weekend game. That’s before you get into the additional financial cost, and it might be strange to him but best not to mention it.

They live in a millionaire bubble he’s chauffered between the ground and his million pound apartment, he’s not going to understand how much of a drudge it is.

But nobody is ever going to say anything to him about it, because he’s the best manager in the world and his best mates Txiki, Ferran and Berrada are probably only in their positions because Abu Dhabi wanted Pep as manager.

You'd have thought differently if you were in the ground mate. On kick-off there were probably less than 30k in but fans were still streaming in a good 15-20 minutes into the game and most sections filled up. 45k-46k for me

When you are at the game, I suppose you don't get the same perspective, you can look across a bottom tier of a stand from your particular vantage and just see heads, seemingly packed.

I can tell you the family stand, and the East stand, across all three tiers, had plenty of gaps on the box, don't know what it was camera side, but assume the Tunnel Club didn't turn out again?

Factor in 3k missing away section, the new reduced capacity to, 52,750, and you aren't that far away.

I appeared closer to 38k than 45, there were certainly more than 7000 empty seats.

City certainly had no reason to give 38,000 figure to Press Association, when they need to show every penny we get to Uefa these days!

38k on a midweek, against a nothing team, a game Saturday, various logistical and ticketing problems, I'd say that isn't anything to ridicule.

Hats off to those who spent their hard earned cash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.