Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I can’t wait for tomorrow now.

Its blue v blue at the moment but that will dissipate and the anger will turn on whoever we play next.

Poor Southampton….they didn’t ask for this!

The reputation of the club is better for having Pep. Half our players came because of him and say so.

You are exaggerating the impact of this. How on earth did you get through FFP and CAS if this has upset you so much.

I guarantee this will be forgotten by the weekend and somebody else will be complaining about us. Get used to it.
FFP etc. are attacks by outsiders. Par for the course.

This is an unnecessary attack on the club generated by the man who represents us in the wider world.

That's the difference.

The current argument is being perpetuated by people who will tolerate no criticism of their hero.

That's pathetic.

I support Manchester City not Pep fucking guardiola. If he goes then he goes. Life goes on and so will the club. Maybe this will teach him to stay quiet about certain topics
Well done, great headline for media sharks "I support Manchester City not Pep fucking guardiola."
He could stay quiet for the rest of his life but the media have enough material on this thread alone to mock us for a 100 years.

I can’t wait for tomorrow now.

Its blue v blue at the moment but that will dissipate and the anger will turn on whoever we play next.

Poor Southampton….they didn’t ask for this!

We'll likely win comfortably and no one will be arsed on Sunday, as is football!

Well fellow contrary blues, I'm going to enjoy the game tomorrow. Feel like this and particularly the way the media have handled it has wound me up and I want to say f*ck 'em. I just hope it's Southampton that are on the receiving end of Pep, the players, fans and, importantly, the Etihad atmosphere tomorrow.

Reactions: cbl
So if I asked you about Manchester City's history, you’d probably give me the skinny about every Gary James book ever written. Joe Royle. You know a lot about him. Life’s work. The promotion season in 99/2000. Him and David Bernstein. The signing of Mark Kennedy. The whole works, right? But I bet you can’t tell me what it smelled like down the Kippax steps. You never actually stood there and looked at the brand new Umbro Stand. Seen that. If I ask you about City strikers, you’d probably give me a syllabus of your personal favourites. You may have even seen highlights of Robbie Fowler's first goals at Maine Road. But you can’t tell me what it feels like to see Shaun Goater nick the ball off Gary Neville and make it 2-1. You’re a tough guy. If I ask you about losing runs, you’d probably throw some stats about the Stuart Pearce years at me, right? ‘Once more with Bernardo Corradi, dear friends.’ But you’ve never been in a relegation scrap. You’ve never had to trudge to the City of Manchester Stadium, knowing City were going to be overturned by Paul Jewell's Wigan, relying on DaMarcus Beasley for goals. If I ask you about the brief renaissance under Sven Goran Eriksson, you’d probably tell me about Elano's stats. But you never saw his free-kick against Newcastle in the flesh and thought he might win us the league. Known someone like Stephen Ireland who could floor you just by exposing his Superman underpants. Feel like God put an angel on earth just for you when Geovanni scored from distance to win the Manchester derby. Who could rescue you from the depths of Hell like Paul Dickov would. And you wouldn’t know what it’s like to see Richard Edghill. To have that love for him be there forever. Through anything. Through that game against Coventry when he had to be substituted off because the crowd were booing him. And you wouldn’t know about sleeping sitting up in during a Monday night game against Middlesbeough, holding your son's hand. The stewards could see in your eyes that the term ‘fairweather fan’ doesn't apply to you. You don’t know about real loss. Because that only occurs when you win 5-2 at Stoke and still get relegaed. I doubt you’ve ever dared to manage a team that low down in the football pyramid. I look at you, I don’t see a potential Bertie Magoo. I see someone who's won the Champions League. You’re a genius, Pep. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about City because you read all the matchday programmes from Mark Hughes' brief tenure at the club? You ripped our fuckin’ lives apart. You’re from Barcelona, right? Do you think I’d know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are because I watched a few episodes of Fawlty Towers? Does that encapsulate you? Personally, I don’t give a shit about all that. Because you know what? I can’t learn anything from you that I can’t read in some fuckin’ book. Unless you want to talk about how a tear rolled down your cheek when Jon Macken scored his first ever Premier League goal against United. Then I’m fascinated. I’m in. But you don’t want to do that, do you, sport? You’re terrified that you don't really know what it was like to pour your hopes into Kiki Musampa. Your move, chief.

Bu09tDcIYAAOAzZ.jpg

You could be like any other normal person and support both, I mean it's not like he's not earnt our respect is it.
But then I suppose the easily offended will always need something to whinge about.
The fans' support is unconditional and very often unrequited.

Pep's paid handsomely, the least he could do is not attack the fanbase in public.

If he could just get through a season without bigging up United, Liverpool, Barca, Bayern etc that'd be a start.

Maybe he could fail to mention that we don't have any history in the Champions League during the whole campaign.

Not too much to ask is it?

I'm not asking him to wear a City scarf or anything, just to shut the fuck up with the sly digs.

So if I asked you about Manchester City's history, you’d probably give me the skinny about every Gary James book ever written. Joe Royle. You know a lot about him. Life’s work. The promotion season in 99/2000. Him and David Bernstein. The signing of Mark Kennedy. The whole works, right? But I bet you can’t tell me what it smelled like down the Kippax steps. You never actually stood there and looked at the brand new Umbro Stand. Seen that. If I ask you about City strikers, you’d probably give me a syllabus of your personal favourites. You may have even seen highlights of Robbie Fowler's first goals at Maine Road. But you can’t tell me what it feels like to see Shaun Goater nick the ball off Gary Neville and make it 2-1. You’re a tough guy. If I ask you about losing runs, you’d probably throw some stats about the Stuart Pearce years at me, right? ‘Once more with Bernardo Corradi, dear friends.’ But you’ve never been in a relegation scrap. You’ve never had to trudge to the City of Manchester Stadium, knowing City were going to be overturned by Paul Jewell's Wigan, relying on DaMarcus Beasley for goals. If I ask you about the brief renaissance under Sven Goran Eriksson, you’d probably tell me about Elano's stats. But you never saw his free-kick against Newcastle in the flesh and thought he might win us the league. Known someone like Stephen Ireland who could floor you just by exposing his Superman underpants. Feel like God put an angel on earth just for you when Geovanni scored from distance to win the Manchester derby. Who could rescue you from the depths of Hell like Paul Dickov would. And you wouldn’t know what it’s like to see Richard Edghill. To have that love for him be there forever. Through anything. Through that game against Coventry when he had to be substituted off because the crowd were booing him. And you wouldn’t know about sleeping sitting up in during a Monday night game against Middlesbeough, holding your son's hand. The stewards could see in your eyes that the term ‘fairweather fan’ doesn't apply to you. You don’t know about real loss. Because that only occurs when you win 5-2 at Stoke and still get relegaed. I doubt you’ve ever dared to manage a team that low down in the football pyramid. I look at you, I don’t see a potential Bertie Magoo. I see someone who's won the Champions League. You’re a genius, Pep. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about City because you read all the matchday programmes from Mark Hughes' brief tenure at the club? You ripped our fuckin’ lives apart. You’re from Barcelona, right? Do you think I’d know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are because I watched a few episodes of Fawlty Towers? Does that encapsulate you? Personally, I don’t give a shit about all that. Because you know what? I can’t learn anything from you that I can’t read in some fuckin’ book. Unless you want to talk about how a tear rolled down your cheek when Jon Macken scored his first ever Premier League goal against United. Then I’m fascinated. I’m in. But you don’t want to do that, do you, sport? You’re terrified that you don't really know what it was like to pour your hopes into Kiki Musampa. Your move, chief.
Hes made his move in his latest PC and it should really put things to bed.

Oh, and of you remember all the things you say you need to change your username because you ain't young.

The fans' support is unconditional and very often unrequited.

Pep's paid handsomely, the least he could do is not attack the fanbase in public.

If he could just get through a season without bigging up United, Liverpool, Barca, Bayern etc that'd be a start.

Maybe he could fail to mention that we don't have any history in the Champions League during the whole campaign.

Not too much to ask is it?

I'm not asking him to wear a City scarf or anything, just to shut the fuck up with the sly digs.
Think we've both said all that needs to be said on the subject now, mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.